Please help me get Honesty e/s onto my lid

Winthrop44

I have trouble with several lustres, but Honesty is the worst for me. Honestly, I chucked it because it was so useless to me...I'd just end up with patches of sparkes with a bit of color and lots of blank spots mixed in all over my lids...but I've recently been wondering if using a shadestick as a base or using water-based mixing medium on my brush could help? I just ordered both of those products so I'm no expert in their use. Would either help Honesty stick to my lids? I can't use paints because I'm a bit older and my lids are creepy (crepey? Whatever, they're wrinkley, lol), and I find that paints emphasize that. Any suggestions? Or should I just forget about trying Honesty again?

Vicky88

I think a shadestick would make it stick a lot better or perhaps a CCB or Urban Debay Primer Potion would help.

UDPP is like God to some people here. lol.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88
I think a shadestick would make it stick a lot better or perhaps a CCB or Urban Debay Primer Potion would help.

UDPP is like God to some people here. lol.

AGREE... or u can wet ur brush with a little bit of water and apply ur
E/S that also helps the E/S show better.. i have also heard some ppl use a tad bit of vasaline on their lids to help the E/S Stick and that also helps to show the E/S show better... If anything u dont have to invest a lot of money on expensive products to help ur E/S stick i sometimes use Rimmel All over Stick for my base.

Dont give up on HONESTY... its such a beautiful color
smiles.gif

kare31

what kind of a brush are you using? I cannot seem to apply lustres with a fluffy brush like the 224. If I use a stiffer brush like the 242 or 252 and tap the shadow on my lid, it shows up and stays put much better.

bellaetoile

urban decay primer potion, let it dry for a minute or so.
shimmersand or beige-ing shadestick, let it dry for a minute or so.
honesty with the 217, allover area, then packed on with a 239 or 252 OVER that.

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare31
what kind of a brush are you using? I cannot seem to apply lustres with a fluffy brush like the 224. If I use a stiffer brush like the 242 or 252 and tap the shadow on my lid, it shows up and stays put much better.

Yep,. I use the 242 and love my lustres. I use paint for the staying power with a shadestick over it,.. makes the shadestick stay better and not crease. Then work the shadow in. The 242 rocks,.. I am thinking about getting a second one too,...

Ambi

Definitely try with a wet brush, [I use a damp sponge tip applicator and it works great, well, with some lustres anyway].

Latest posts