Please help me match some M/U to this dress

Glitziegal

Help me gals, I am stressing.
I had an outfit and make up all set for a family wedding and my dress fell though *grrrr*

So Plan B
I bought this dress this week, the wedding is a week on Saturday. I have tried a few different combos but they just aren't right.

So the dress pics are below. It is Dark grey silk, edged with purple lace. The colours are pretty accurate in the pics.
I tried softwash grey, and a couple of purples but they are just wrong.

The wedding is a day to evening affair inc the full church service, meal etc.

TIA
bouquet.gif

P9090433.jpg

P9090430.jpg

P9090434.jpg

ebonyannette

What Colors do you have to work with?

I also like Beauty Marked on top of Hepcat in the crease if you dont have Noctournelle

I like Sketch alot that color would work in the crease as well.

As far as all over colors Silver Ring or Knight Devine would look purdy.

You know what look I just tried and I love is
Texture all over
Girlie on the lid
Sketch in the crease
Swish in the inner corner
It looks really soft but still kinda smokey so maybe some variation of those colors would be cute
Do you have Haux or Shale? that might work too

Glitziegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
What Colors do you have to work with?

I also like Beauty Marked on top of Hepcat in the crease if you dont have Noctournelle

I like Sketch alot that color would work in the crease as well.

As far as all over colors Silver Ring or Knight Devine would look purdy.

You know what look I just tried and I love is
Texture all over
Girlie on the lid
Sketch in the crease
Swish in the inner corner
It looks really soft but still kinda smokey so maybe some variation of those colors would be cute
Do you have Haux or Shale? that might work too

I have quite a few shadows 7 x 15 palettes, 17 x quads plus pigments etc sorry if that sounds cocky, it isn't meant too. So I have quite a choice. She sounds like a fab idea, I hadn't thought of that. I don't however have Nocturnelle...purples wise I have
Mancatcher
Trax
Beautiful iris
Plum
Purple Haze
Idol Eyes
Little Minx
Parfait Amour
Satellite Dreams
Mystical Mist
Demi-Sweet (sweetie cake quad)
Inventive (Inventive quad)
Iris Eyes
Lounge Wear (Boudoir Hues Quad)
Soulsong (Dianaeyes 1)
Sugarlily (Beau quad)
Pearl of the Earth (trend palette)

Pigments
Violet
Grape
Kitchmas
Cornflower
French Violet
Softwash Grey

any combos there?

Glitziegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by noteventherain
ooh I'd say maybe Knight Divine with Nocturnelle.
smiles.gif

I do have Knight Divine (one of my faves), I don't have nocturnelle though. Anything else in the list above that could work?

Beauty Mark

Depending on what look you're going for, I'd make the eyes very neutral. A neutral, shimmery wash and liner. I'd then wear a natural rosy lipstick and complete with blush.

I would do that so that it wouldn't be too goth for the wedding (unless that's what you want) and it would be simple enough that touch ups wouldn't be necessary.

Glitziegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Depending on what look you're going for, I'd make the eyes very neutral. A neutral, shimmery wash and liner. I'd then wear a natural rosy lipstick and complete with blush.

I would do that so that it wouldn't be too goth for the wedding (unless that's what you want) and it would be simple enough that touch ups wouldn't be necessary.

That's a good low maintenance idea. I'll try a few neutrals out. I have a couple of rosey ish lippies. But I can always beg my hubbie to drive me to the nearest store which is well over an hour away.

Thanks

Latest posts