Powders for oily faces...

Pink_minx

My face gets REALLY shiny from the heat and I cant decide what oil control powders will be good to get rid of the oilyness or just some of it at least and hopefully last a long time. I was thinking about that mac blot powder but im not sure because some people said it has something in it that will make you break out. And I break out easily, I've been using Bare Mineral Foundation and it works great but I dont think they have an oil control powder...not that I know of yet but any advice on any good oil control powders?

THANKS
smiles.gif

lara

Hmmm. I can't think of anything in Blot that would encourage break-outs, especially since it's free of any oil-based binding agents.

M.A.C*Attack

I got BLOT POWDER today and im loveing it its great and I usualy dont sweat but now the summers here in az are getting hotter and hotter and my t-zone gets all shinny and the blotpowder work GREAT!!!

try it i doubt it will make u break out because i have very sensitive skin and nothing had it on all day and my skin is still looking good...lol

hth!

caffn8me

It doesn't look like any of the ingredients are listed as being at high risk of causing breakouts (I posted several links to ingredient lists in the thread will this cause breakouts)

The only two ingredients I can't get enough information on are hydrolyzed soy protein oil and coconut. Coconut butter and coconut oil are both highly comedogenic but that doesn't mean the coconut in blot powder (which is used for its acid properties) is or that it's in sufficient concentration for it to have any comedogenic effect.

I like blot powder and am prone to breakouts myself (grrrr!) and haven't had any problems with it.

Pink_minx

thanks girls! I cant think of any other blot powders for my face but I think Im just gonna go ahead and get the MAC loose blot powder! and if it doesnt work then I can always return it
smiles.gif

BlahWah

I think you might be able to get a sample of blot loose, so that may be an option before you take the plunge of buying full-size.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
I've been using Bare Mineral Foundation and it works great but I dont think they have an oil control powder...

THANKS
smiles.gif

I think they actually do. It's called the Matteifying Mineral Veil, I believe, but I've not tried it myself.

Mineral Veil
For the ultimate, translucent "finishing touch" to your makeup, Mineral Veil melts into your skin, infusing it with softness and light, giving the look you see with a soft focus camera lens. Completely sheer and works for all skin tones, Mineral Veil gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of lines and pores. Buff on Mineral Veil over bareMinerals Foundation to lend extra staying power.

You can get it in translucent or tinted.

dollbabybex

i have the shiniest skin EVER

i do my makeup walk to work (which is 10 mins away)

and my nose and forehead is already shiny!

however since using studio fix fluid and blot powder

this has improved by miles!!

i still have to touch up at one point in the day... but i used to have to touch up constantly!

HTH!

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
i have the shiniest skin EVER

i do my makeup walk to work (which is 10 mins away)

and my nose and forehead is already shiny!

however since using studio fix fluid and blot powder

this has improved by miles!!

i still have to touch up at one point in the day... but i used to have to touch up constantly!

HTH!

iagree.gif
about the blot powder

Pink_minx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I think they actually do. It's called the Matteifying Mineral Veil, I believe, but I've not tried it myself.

Mineral Veil
For the ultimate, translucent "finishing touch" to your makeup, Mineral Veil melts into your skin, infusing it with softness and light, giving the look you see with a soft focus camera lens. Completely sheer and works for all skin tones, Mineral Veil gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of lines and pores. Buff on Mineral Veil over bareMinerals Foundation to lend extra staying power.

You can get it in translucent or tinted.

Oh I see...I have mineral veil but it gave me this itching rash all around my chin and cheeks. I dont know why but I loved it though
weeping.gif
But I Just bought the MAC blot loose powder and its looking great right now. I only used a little bit and it seems it will last for a long time because there is a lot in it! yay
encore.gif

Latest posts