Powerpoint or Kohl?

natalie75

I've read the difference and didn't realize until this morning that some of what I have is Kohl and other Powerpoint. I've been using them for months and I can't tell the difference. As I looked at them, it did seem that I was favoring the PP when I used them. Should they be applied differenty?

BlahWah

I don't think it's different application as it is different uses or achieving different looks (which results in different application). As in, if you want to smudge out your liner, use the kohl, but if you want it to stay put, use the PP. At least, that's my understanding of them. HTH (and I understood your question correctly!)!

karen

I love the kohls. They're the only ones I buy now. I do, however, have Clinique's Quickliners for when I want a cleaner line.
Some people find them too smudgy, but they're perfect for me. I've never had a problem with unintentional smudging with the kohls.

Blahwah has pretty much answered your question, though. The kohls are meant for a smokier line, while the powerpoints are for more precise lining.

bottleblack

Good question! This is a question I've been wondering about too, but never asked...would it matter which one you used on your waterline?

pumpkincat210

The powerpoints stay a long time on your waterline. But the problem I've had with some of the powerpoints is that some of the colors are harder to get on.. like Gilded White, Handforged. I have had no problems with Industry and Bordreaxline pp, they just glides on like a dream.
Smolder eye khol is my favorite black liner ever. It smudges so easily and stays even longer with Carbon e/s over it.

Miss_Behave

I only have one kohl and I don't like it at all because it starts fading after an hour.
but i really like cliniques creamshaper - they soft so you can smudge them but they stay put for at least 6-8 hours!

Isis

I like Powerpoints and Khols equally, but my favorites colors have been Khols.

allan_willb

I love pencils.You also can use the kohls just like a es.Color your whole eye with it.It's made with ingredients to blend with other mac products like es and pigments.Or whatever you wanna put on your eye.I love teddy eye kohl and burried treasure PP.Yes PP is waterproof and lasts much longer but I love teddy eye kohl so what I do is go first with the PP and then do the kohl over it.And wala you got a waterproof kohl.You can even do fluidline under if you like.Thats just me.I don't know if anyone else does this?

natalie75

funny

I must have hundreds of dollars in MAC and other products and JUST realized that I had some of each
rofl.gif
I started to realize that some stayed better than others and some smudged better than others. Then I started trying to do the "tight line" and found it impossible. I just couldn't understand why I couldn't get it. FIRST PROBLEM: I was doing it last in the process, I highly recommend doing the eyeliner FIRST and my SECOND PROBLEM: I was using kohl and not PP

When i went to buy eyeliner i asked one of the MAC makeup artists and she asked me where i applied it (i said on the pink bit of my eye) so she reccomended the powerpoint. x

Latest posts