Preparing for my first Mac Haul....

michy_mimi

Okay guys I officially need help.

My birthday is in a few days and my bf has graciously agreed to take me on a MAC spree. All that I own of Mac are pigment samples that I purchased on ebay. I am an Urban Decay girl, but after discovering MAC I need to buy some.

I want to make sure that I pick out things that will be useful since this will probably be my last makeup binge for awhile. Here are a few basics. I have red hair, paleish skin with a red tone to it....and my eyes tend to choose their color based on my mood. They go from bluish grey to green...Some call it hazel I call it wierd.
smiles.gif

I tend to go for creams and browns, but here recently I have been playing around with more color...greens, purples, blues.

Any suggestions that anyone may have on eyeshadows, lipsticks. fluidlines and lipglass would be awesome.

At the moment a few of the colors I am considering are:

eyeshadows:
Patina
Rice Paper
Shroom
Scarab
Stars and Rockets

Lipsticks
Strawberry Blond

I have seen the help you have given to others and am looking forward to seeing what suggestions you can give me. Remember I am new to MAC so any color descriptions would be a bonus!
smiles.gif
Thanks!

Julia Vanhorn

I think the Catherine Laze quad would work very well with you. I went back to double-check to see if the Scarab is available in just a pot, and noticed that it is only available in the Thunder quad. You can get that one as well if you really like the whole collection in the quad. Also you could try some of the pinks and purples such as Sushi Flower, Cranberry, Creme de Violet, and Hepcat. As far as the lips go, I would definitely recommend trying some the Chromeglass such as Uberpeach and Chromaliving.

sweetza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Beauty
If you want to go for colors, go for greens and teals.

Sumptuous Olive, Aquadisiac, Steamy

I second Sumptuous Olive, although if you are getting Scarab in the quad, you may want to get something else although they aren't totally similar but still for your first trip you should get a broad spectrum of stuff. Steamy is awesome and was one of my first eyeshadows.

sweetza

Fluidlines are awesome for people and have seemed to work quite well for everyone but I would definetely try them out before you buy, I bought the 212 and blacktrack and have never used them, the line was much too harsh for me, didn't look 'natural', and didn't leave much room for mistakes. I still preferred my smolder and teddy eye kohls.

This could always just be me though since everyone raves about them!
smiles.gif

michy_mimi

well I use Urban Decay Liners at present and the ones I own are pretty vivid...I think the fluidlines appeal to me because of how defined they are, I dunno, but I will definately try them first! thanks
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

The Thunder Quad is a good choice. It has a nice quad because you get a green, yellow, pink, and a burgundy color.
Definately get a stars and rockets e/s..and carbon e/s, black tied e/s or sharkskin shadestick to use under it.. you get a totally different color.
Other eyeshadows... Humid, Parfait Amour, Dazzlelight, Electric Eel, Goldmine, or Shimmermoss. HTH!

mel0622

browns: mulch, cork, woodwinked, honesty.
purples: beautiful iris, nocturnelle, parafait amour
greens: humid, swimming

lipglass: underage, oyster girl, nymphette
lustreglass: love nectar, pinkarat, instant gold

HTH. have fun on ur mac trip!
smiles.gif

Latest posts