problems with depotted mac e/s

michiwichi

i've depotted a few of my mac e/s, and put the magnetic strip (for the labels) on the bottom of the pan. but it doesn't seem to stay in place in the palette. i.e., when i flip it over, the magnet doesn't keep it in place and it falls out. would it have something to do with the fact that i didn't clean the glue off the bottom of the pan before applying the magnetic strip? TIA

docmaria

I don't think that would be a problem. In fact, you need some sort of glue to stick the magnet to the pan.

Does the magnet stay in the palette but the pan falls out? Or does both the pan/magnet combination fall out of the palette?

I'm assuming that it's a MAC palette (not all palettes are 'magnetic').

saniyairshad

yeah make sure it's magnetic and use a better glue...some of my friends had this problem, they used super glue to hold it down.

eco

i recently depotted 18 eyeshadows, and I had the same problem with 1-

it turns out I put the magnet backwards on the e/s pan, ie: the palette basically rejected it, like if you hold 2 magnets together one way, they stick, and they other way they push apart. try flipping your magnets over!

I also left the glue on the pans and attached the magnet while it was still warm, and they hold perfectly, and I can also wiggle them off, or use a little heat to wiggle them off if i need to.