Problems with Melon pigment

user79

Has anyone experienced any application problems with melon pigment? I have a full size of this because I loved the colour in the jar and when I rubbed a bit on the back of my hand, but somehow I can't get it to apply the same way on my eyes. I don't have this problem with any other pig. that I own. It just doesn't adhere well, flakes off, and looks more gold than the actual colour as it looks in the jar. It also looks really sheer and it doesn't really stick. Is it just me? I use MAC Stilife as a base for this. I do have mixing medium as well but I don't use it that much because it makes harsh lines and doesn't blend as well.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrad
Hmmm...You might want to try using the CCB in Luna as base. It works great for me.

The thing is, when I use a CCB as a base for eyes, it creases up really fast because it's so emollient. I'm just wondering why Melon seems so different from the other 5 pigments I have...odd. Has anyone experienced this - especially the colour not really showing up and the pigment flaking off really easily?

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
The thing is, when I use a CCB as a base for eyes, it creases up really fast because it's so emollient. I'm just wondering why Melon seems so different from the other 5 pigments I have...odd. Has anyone experienced this - especially the colour not really showing up and the pigment flaking off really easily?

I don't have the problem with Melon, but with Golden Lemon no matter what I use as base... I'm sorry, I'm no help...
ssad.gif

..kels*

yeh, i've never had a problem with melon either. usually rose does that to me & it's soo irritating.
ssad.gif

d_flawless

i used ez-r with it last week and a 217 brush for application, so i could blend it in while i packed it on. seemed to work ok.

BlahWah

It's definitely turned out sheerer (and lighter) than I expected, but because of that, I don't use it as much. From what I recall I didn't experience any flaking... but I mainly use it to blend in darker orange/peach colours.

Latest posts