Prom Makeup - Advice Needed!!!

Juliades

This is my prom dress
J-3307701-BlackAndWhiteFull.jpg

my hair is dark brown with brown eyes and pale pale skin. I'm thinking of doing this look that Sienna Miller wore in "Alfie"....

Sienna_Makeup.jpg

Which MAC products should I us to achieve her look?

Thanks,
Julia

amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemeng
how about parfait amour or swish e/s. With pink lemonade or dreamy lipgloss. Thanks

That'd be pretty, just not for this look...
(cuz those are pink and purple, and that doesn't have pink and purple in it)

I'd say start out with a base like sharkskin shadestick on the lid, and use a shadow like print over it. Use smolder and/or carbon for the smudgy soft effect around the eyes (smoky, but not to the point where it looks like a racoon!). Could use nylon for a subtle brow highlight. #2 or 3 lashes. Maybe Mountain High blush? For lips, it depends on how dark you are. Go for a pinky nude lipstick, darkness depending on your coloring.

Hope this helps somewhat. You can probably print the look and take it to a MAC store or counter to ask too (if you have one near).

Good luck!!

sassy*girl

You can try using Electra, Smut and Print eyeshadows to create the smokey look [and maybe Nylon to highlight the browbone, like amy suggested], Smolder eye kohl, A volumizing+lengthening mascara [not MAC but L'Oreal Voluminous or Clinique High Impact might be a good choice], maybe Pink Swoon or Peachykeen as blush? As for the lips, you can try Brew, Blankety, Politely Pink l/s or any other nude/pinkish colours. Hope that helps!

Yup, it's always a good idea to bring in pictures if you wanna try to recreate a look. Good luck and have fun at your prom
greengrin.gif

amy

Quote:
I tried my hardest on the eyeshadow. Thanks

I hope you didn't take offense to that before, those colors are very pretty together, but they wouldn't be quite right for this look that she posted. It would be a lovely combo tho!
smiles.gif

jamiemeng

hey amy,
I totally understand what you are saying about the eyeshadow colors. I thought that the dress was purple. I didn't know that the dress was Black. Thanks

amy

Quote:
hey amy,
I totally understand what you are saying about the eyeshadow colors. I thought that the dress was purple. I didn't know that the dress was Black. Thanks

It's all good
greengrin.gif

Latest posts