prom makeup

xiahe

prom is right around the corner - and i just bought my dress. this is me:

498652535_l.jpg

(i'm on the right)

and my dress is, sadly the same exact style as the dress i had last year:

295050933_l.jpg

except now, instead of hot / light pink, this dress is tangerine / orange / peach / coral with glitter. i fell in love with the color which is why i wanted to get it.

a tangerine / orange / peach / coral dress would probably be a color that i would NEVER wear, but it flattered me nicely.

anyway, my question is - make-up ideas? i was thinking of light golds / peaches for the eyes but then again, i never know. the eyeshadow i have that's closest to gold is Fl!rt's Honey Lemonade (from kohl's) but it's more of a light neutral gold with shimmer. any eyeshadow combinations or ideas would be fabulous. i'm not creative lol.

thank you, ladies!

sigwing

MAC is coming out with the Sweetie Cake stuff next week, if you want to splurge.

And then there's new Milani quads at Walgreens, too, and you might also check out the Isadora quads & trios because it's good stuff, great colors, and for some reason I never really see them mentioned anywhere, but I've got a few & like them. There's golds, etc., and I have a quad that has gold & some bronzey plum shades that are really nice, that would probably blend really well with the orangey shade dress.

Navessa

just wanted to say that your make up choices sound good (that dress sounds fab, i love those colors - you'll have to post a pic)!
bronze e/s would be a great option too (could mix it with your choices) - i recently got mac's and am in love.
milani is awesome too!!!

btw, you are just adorable! have fun!!!
smiles.gif

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navessa
just wanted to say that your make up choices sound good (that dress sounds fab, i love those colors - you'll have to post a pic)!
bronze e/s would be a great option too (could mix it with your choices) - i recently got mac's and am in love.
milani is awesome too!!!

btw, you are just adorable! have fun!!!
smiles.gif

thank you!

talk2mesun

mac stuff to look for and try:
pink bronze pigment
deckchair pigment
melon pigment
goldmine eyeshadow
gorgeous gold eyeshadow
coppering eyeshadow
expensive pink eyeshadow
lovebud eyeshadow
old gold pigment

not saying u need all of these, we dont have a picture dso we dont know the exact orangy colors you have in it whereas you could try those and see what would look best
smiles.gif

sigwing

Here's a pic of the Isadora Bronzing Plum quad:
isadora1.jpg

It's not real clear because the camera focused on things behind it...sorry! I tried to take it out in the sunlight. In fact, the gold shade is looking darker here, but it's more of a true gold, and lighter. It's gorgeous colors tho, and really good eyeshadow for the price! Walgreens online has a whole bunch of the quad and trio sets and the shades are awsome...you all should really check them out. In fact, I think my Walgreens didn't have all the colors that they had available online.

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
Here's a pic of the Isadora Bronzing Plum quad:
isadora1.jpg

It's not real clear because the camera focused on things behind it...sorry! I tried to take it out in the sunlight. In fact, the gold shade is looking darker here, but it's more of a true gold, and lighter. It's gorgeous colors tho, and really good eyeshadow for the price! Walgreens online has a whole bunch of the quad and trio sets and the shades are awsome...you all should really check them out. In fact, I think my Walgreens didn't have all the colors that they had available online.

wow, that looks gorgeous! the two shades on the left would probably match my dress perfectly lol

i was afraid to try out isadora eyeshadows cause i heard they kinda sucked...but if you're recommending it then maybe i'll try it! could you maybe provide swatches of those shadows?

Latest posts