Questions about picture taking

CantAffordMAC

I already read the guidelines, but this is a different kind of question (I'm really sorry if its still not in the same place)
I want to start posting pictures of my makeup. the only camera I have available is the Kodak easy share Z710. I don't know anything about cameras, but I have been trying to take clear pictures of my makeup (clear close-ups) and even when I zoom in, it isn't clear enough. some of you guys' close-ups are extremely clear. is there any special setting i should have the camera on or are there any tips you guys could give me? Like I said I don't know hardly anything about taking pictures, so if there are any suggestions at all, that would be great. Of course I realize that if the camera sucks, then the camera sucks and you can't help it.
smiles.gif

M.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I already read the guidelines, but this is a different kind of question (I'm really sorry if its still not in the same place)
I want to start posting pictures of my makeup. the only camera I have available is the Kodak easy share Z710. I don't know anything about cameras, but I have been trying to take clear pictures of my makeup (clear close-ups) and even when I zoom in, it isn't clear enough. some of you guys' close-ups are extremely clear. is there any special setting i should have the camera on or are there any tips you guys could give me? Like I said I don't know hardly anything about taking pictures, so if there are any suggestions at all, that would be great. Of course I realize that if the camera sucks, then the camera sucks and you can't help it.
smiles.gif

my camera sucks as well but what i do, is i make the pictures as big as possible. it should be in your settings on the camera. then i take pictures at different lengths to find the best clear picture. i pop the pics in my laptop, cut them down and resize them. they should look a million times better that way

smiles.gif

Shimmer

There's thread in the tutorials forum (I think it's the the focus on subforum) that Misschievous created with instructions on taking photos of makeup.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Please check my tutorial with camera tips and instructions on how to take better makeup pictures:

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=46494

I did, and it was SO helpful! I see the difference in the pictures I take. I could never find the white balance thing on the camera I was using, but oh well! (well actually that probably would've been the main thing I needed) because my house is always dark since I live in the woods. But to be honest guys, I'm just going to wait and get the camera that I want to get and then I can play with it all I want since it'll be mine.
Also I shouldn't post any makeup pictures of me yet until I get some quality brushes to use.
hmm.gif