• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Racoon Eyes

dancegirl

Hey, I have a werid question, and hopefully someone can answer me.
What are racoon eyes on a person..makeup wise??
and how do you get them?
If anyone has a picture I would greatly appricate it!
Thanks erin
ps: ive looked all over the boards and couldn't specifically find what I was looking for..so if anyone could help me out htat would be awesome

TamEva Le Fay

This is probably the most famous photo,currently, of the infamous "Raccoon Eye Look".

I, personally, struggle with this very look when I'm putting my eyes on. Especially, when I'm being told to put more definition to my crease.

Mind you, my makeup is always for stage and the atmosphere that I'm in, 8 times out of 10, is relatively dark and things need to show up or else suffer a bland and washed out effect, which leaves people to ask, "What was the point?", and in my business is equal to DEATH!

I’m unclear if you are really asking how to achieve this look or simply how to avoid it?

If you are trying to achieve the look simply use one very dark color to outline your eyes (see photo of Ellen)...pretty self-explanatory

If you are trying to avoid this look and must define your crease, I would try to make a strong effort to use multiple colors to do so. Your inner eye corner being a softer, lighter color as it progressively becomes darker to the “Outer V” so as to really define your eye shape and yet utilize the natural effects of shadow and your eye structure, i.e.; lid, brow bone, crease, etc.
The effect, of course, should always be flattering.

Sometimes “The Raccoon Eye” look can be very High Fashion, but in my opinion, only when the technique is smoked out and smudged with multiple tones of color. I especially like it when it’s achieved with a wet look with vaseline. It’s a very Runway Fashion look. TO BE USED IN MODERATION!

I would stake my life that there must be some pretty kick-ass tutorials on how to achieve a very sexy and interesting more aptly named "Panda Eye" look, which is slightly different but more flattering.

Dreamergirl3

check out this amazing tutorial!
http://specktra.net/f191/its-back-hi...on-look-57560/

Also, I believe there's a thread for tutorial requests, perhaps try posting there next time if you have another question or request
smiles.gif

jdepp_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
This is probably the most famous photo,currently, of the infamous "Raccoon Eye Look".

I, personally, struggle with this very look when I'm putting my eyes on. Especially, when I'm being told to put more definition to my crease.

Mind you, my makeup is always for stage and the atmosphere that I'm in, 8 times out of 10, is relatively dark and things need to show up or else suffer a bland and washed out effect, which leaves people to ask, "What was the point?", and in my business is equal to DEATH!

I’m unclear if you are really asking how to achieve this look or simply how to avoid it?

If you are trying to achieve the look simply use one very dark color to outline your eyes (see photo of Ellen)...pretty self-explanatory

If you are trying to avoid this look and must define your crease, I would try to make a strong effort to use multiple colors to do so. Your inner eye corner being a softer, lighter color as it progressively becomes darker to the “Outer V” so as to really define your eye shape and yet utilize the natural effects of shadow and your eye structure, i.e.; lid, brow bone, crease, etc.
The effect, of course, should always be flattering.

Sometimes “The Raccoon Eye” look can be very High Fashion, but in my opinion, only when the technique is smoked out and smudged with multiple tones of color. I especially like it when it’s achieved with a wet look with vaseline. It’s a very Runway Fashion look. TO BE USED IN MODERATION!

I would stake my life that there must be some pretty kick-ass tutorials on how to achieve a very sexy and interesting more aptly named "Panda Eye" look, which is slightly different but more flattering.

Great info! and that is such a funny pic!

lkclora13

Racoon eyes is when you put too much eyemake up around your eyes, or you smudge your current make up accidentally, making you look like you have a black eye

MissAlly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenGospel
Just look at every "famous" kid on Myspace. It's done with Photoshop and low-self esteem.

For realzzzzz.

Latest posts