random question..

electrostars

alright..I have rosy cheeks..and i hate it..it gets even worse when I drink. LOL.

Have any of you ever tried mixing green pigment with a moisturizer to help "neutralize" the red tones?

I'm curious to see if it'd work....
Do you have any suggestions as to what green pigment might work best for this? haahaha..

i just want to experiment. XD

thanks for your help.
smiles.gif

lara

Why not just buy a pre-mixed green colour corrector and mix it into your foundation over your cheeks? MAC pigments might be a bit chunky.
smiles.gif

MAC make a green and peach corrector in their Select Cover-Up line, and I'm 90% sure Mabelline/L'Oreal/Covergirl make liquid colour correctors in basic green, violet and peach.

scrapbookromance

I just got MAC's green color corrector a couple weeks ago and I'm absolutely in love!! I don't mix it with my moisturizer or foundation, i just dab it right on spots but a veryyyyy small amount. pretty much makes my face look like what I wish it did without makeup haha no red! anyway. yeah and if I put a bit too much on I try to blend it out with my 239 brush because its fluffier than a concealer brush, and even if its still a bit grayish because I put on a tad too much my foundation (BE) covers that up. I have tried mixing it with my moisturizer, but it was more color correction than I needed so it would probably work on you.

hey, rosey cheeks means you don't need to spend money on blush!!

moonrevel

I have a friend with very very red cheeks on top of very pale skin, and when I do her makeup, I always break out the green color corrector. I usually put some foundation on the back of my hand, and then put a small blob of the corrector with it. Then, I use a brush, usually the 187, to mix the stuff on my hand, and then buff like crazy first on her cheeks and then use the remaining on the rest of her face, and set with Blot Powder. She was amazed, and I was pleasantly surprised, at how well it worked...I do this on myself to cover up some red discoloration, but it was much more miraculous when I first tried it on her.

Generally, for a larger area (a whole cheek as opposed to a pimple or two), I prefer to just put the corrector in the foundation to avoid the potential for a slight green cast to the skin and to spread the corrector more easily.

Incidentally, as far as mixing a pigment with your foundation...I actually know several people who do this to even out the red, and usually they use the True Chartreuse matte Pigment similar to how I described using the color corrector. I've tried this a few times, but I still like the easy of the squeezy color corrector tube, but it does work, so if you have this pigment lying around, you might give it a try (but a small amount, or you'll really look green!).

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookromance
I just got MAC's green color corrector a couple weeks ago and I'm absolutely in love!! I don't mix it with my moisturizer or foundation, i just dab it right on spots but a veryyyyy small amount. pretty much makes my face look like what I wish it did without makeup haha no red! anyway. yeah and if I put a bit too much on I try to blend it out with my 239 brush because its fluffier than a concealer brush, and even if its still a bit grayish because I put on a tad too much my foundation (BE) covers that up. I have tried mixing it with my moisturizer, but it was more color correction than I needed so it would probably work on you.

hey, rosey cheeks means you don't need to spend money on blush!!

Yes, I didn't used to wear blush because of having rosy cheeks..but I would like to change up the color of my cheeks once in a while. lol.

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I have a friend with very very red cheeks on top of very pale skin, and when I do her makeup, I always break out the green color corrector. I usually put some foundation on the back of my hand, and then put a small blob of the corrector with it. Then, I use a brush, usually the 187, to mix the stuff on my hand, and then buff like crazy first on her cheeks and then use the remaining on the rest of her face, and set with Blot Powder. She was amazed, and I was pleasantly surprised, at how well it worked...I do this on myself to cover up some red discoloration, but it was much more miraculous when I first tried it on her.

Generally, for a larger area (a whole cheek as opposed to a pimple or two), I prefer to just put the corrector in the foundation to avoid the potential for a slight green cast to the skin and to spread the corrector more easily.

Incidentally, as far as mixing a pigment with your foundation...I actually know several people who do this to even out the red, and usually they use the True Chartreuse matte Pigment similar to how I described using the color corrector. I've tried this a few times, but I still like the easy of the squeezy color corrector tube, but it does work, so if you have this pigment lying around, you might give it a try (but a small amount, or you'll really look green!).

MM..I'll have to try that..
I need to get that brush hahah.

rcastel10

I think, if I remember correctly, prettykitty used to mix chartreuse pigment with her foundation. Maybe that will work.

maxcat

Save yourself the trouble with green (can make you look ashen if you don't use the lightest of hands) and get a MAC select concealer in your foundation shade. Kills red dead.

Kristen

I just want to bump this post.. and not start a new one. I always go reeally red when I drink (like literally.. one sip of a cooler and I am a tomato)... sometimes to the point of purple. I don't wear foundation as my skin is pretty okay on its own. Are there any other tricks besiides using green corrector concealor?

dmolinet

HEY!!!!
Ever looked into rosacea. Those were some of my symptoms.

YOU can find many places for answers-----try RosaceaNET---or your dermatologist

Latest posts