real or fake: satellite dreams + others?

sandrrra

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-Veluxe-Pearl-Eyeshadow-SATELLITE-DREAMS-New-in-Box_W0QQitemZ160299735375QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item160299735375&_trksid=p3911.c 0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|24 0%3A1318

so can anyone tell if this is real or not? they have good feedback but they are selling a ton of shadows! thanks!
nonono.gif

kittykit

Can't tell but I'd stay away from eBay when it comes to MAC products, unless they're trusted sellers (you can see the list here.

I bought fake MAC from 2 powersellers with 100% feedbacks on eBay before. Since then I only buy my MAC from the stores.

sambibabe

Quote:
but they are selling a ton of shadows! thanks!
nonono.gif

Doesn't mean the seller is selling fake stuff. I have seen sellers with 15 pages of goodies in their stores, providing customers a great range of products to choose from (save shipping cost). I bought a lot of stuff from ebay and luckily they all have been genine. Just get to know the products and if in doubt, you can always ask here. Her stuff looks okay to me BTW.

jdechant

I have a feeling that these are not real...i don't know..seems kinda weird to me..and if you go through the sellers comments..someone posted that the creme d'nude lipstick they got was a fake...but was reinbursed..so they got neutral feedback..

item was not not authentic...seller gave quick and full refundstrawberrygrl35 ( 428
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)
MAC Cremesheen Lipstick, CREME D'NUDE, Brand New! (#370101078809)

redambition

im really unsure on this one.

her items are priced around retail which is sometimes a good sign. the seller is also not bulking pigments and eyeshadows like has been seen on ebay.

that said, there is a small detail on some of the pics they have up of shadows that is bothering me. are they able to provide another pic or two of the shadow and container?

pdtb050606

I watched a really great video on youtube on how to spot fake MAC...I can't remember the name of the guru, but try searching it on there

Exotica

Honestly I wouldn't risk it.. I just took a look at all the mac shadows she's selling and they're basically the same rotation of colours that are commonly counterfeited (beauty marked, deep truth, jest, blue edge, sushi flower, idol eyes, satellite dreams etc)

I bought a similar bunch of eyeshadows off an aussie ebay seller (same rotation of colours) and they all turned out to be fake.. I only figured it out when I depotted them and spotted the indented ring on bottom of the silver pan.

If you're hellbent on getting it the best advice I can give is what has already been said - ask for more pics of the packaging, boxes etc

TISH1124

Not to say that this is not fake...But I have purchased shadows in the past from this seller...and they were 100% authentic

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant
I have a feeling that these are not real...i don't know..seems kinda weird to me..and if you go through the sellers comments..someone posted that the creme d'nude lipstick they got was a fake...but was reinbursed..so they got neutral feedback..

item was not not authentic...seller gave quick and full refundstrawberrygrl35 ( 428
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)
MAC Cremesheen Lipstick, CREME D'NUDE, Brand New! (#370101078809)

This was probably based on the fact that the lipstick was marked Sample....I have several of those that I received directly from a MAC corporate employee and they are authentic...But she did list that in her listing....

X_SiN_X

Fake 100% I'd put money on it... Ask Panda and Xqueeze me what they think.

I don't know how people can see magenta-shores' products and say they are fake, then see the exact same things from other sellers and say they look real... come on now.

They are all fake, including ms spring and yes I have bought from her so it is not a rumour, it's fact.

panda0410

I am not the greatest with e/s unless they are in my hands and I RARELY buy e/s off ebay because of it. In the past 12 months I have only bought a few off ebay I think, and luckily for me they are authentic ~ yes I depotted them immediately.

We know magenta shores is flogging fake stuff, and unfortunately these items do rotate amongst sellers, almost always bought in wholesale lots. I tend to avoid anything that "does the rounds" in that regard and I think anyone who is unsure would be wise to do the same.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_SiN_X
Fake 100% I'd put money on it... Ask Panda and Xqueeze me what they think.

I don't know how people can see magenta-shores' products and say they are fake, then see the exact same things from other sellers and say they look real... come on now.

They are all fake, including ms spring and yes I have bought from her so it is not a rumour, it's fact.

Not every item listed on ebay is fake.

Please refrain from accusing sellers of selling counterfeit items flat out unless you can back up your claims with proof.