Recommend me a l/s or l/g. I have dark lips

ParasiteEve

Hi..

I'm relatively new here.
greengrin.gif

Can anyone recommend me a l/s or l/g that looks natural? Something nude or peachy is fine. Had a look at FOTD thread & Viva Glam V looks nice.

However, the thing is that, my lips are quite dark, so i'm really having trouble finding lip colours that suit my skin. I bought High Tea & it totally washed me out. Just like Poco Pink washed me out. & Lychee Lux totally look ridicilous on me coz it was too bright.
th_confused_new.gif

I'm NC35, btw.

Thanks for your help.

ms.marymac

Lychee Lux + Plum Lip Pencil blended together makes a nice darker natural color. The Plum liner sort of tones down the intensity of the gloss.

Draw a thick line with the Plum and apply Lychee Lux. Blend, blend, blend until the colors mix.

Also, have you tried Molassi (sp?)? It's from the Textures collection. My friend is about a NC40 with darker lips and it was very pretty and natural on her.

ParasiteEve

Thanks for that!! I would definately have a look at Molassie.

Do you have recommendations on l/g colour??

Thanks!!

ms.marymac

You're welcome!

It's hard without seeing your lips and not having an arsenal of lip products available...lol. Would you say your lips have a slight plum undertone to them or are they a darker pink?

kare31

My lips are very pigmented too, and for a nude look I fill in my lips with oak lipliner and then apply fleshstock lipstick.

ParasiteEve

Thanks for your reply guys!!

Will Definetely have a look at underage, fleshstock & Molassie.

If i am not wearing anything, i think my lips look brown. Not a nice brown though.. :S

Its gotten darker even since i got pregnant *cry*

Demosthenes

I have super pigmented lips, and Revealing lip glass is my HG lg for nude lips. You should try it, I love it so much. Otherwise, Stripdown and C-thru is really nice also.

aquend

I'm an NC40 and Molassie is my favorite nude. It gives me a natural look without making me look like I have hypothermia.

Another favorite is Honey Flower Lipstick. It is super pretty with a touch of sparkle.

As for lipglasses, I use Viva Glam V for the nude look. You can also try Spice lipliner with Clear Lip Glass applied over the liner.

CocoMmlle

What collection is Molassie from? Is it a lipstick or a gloss? I can't seem to find it on the MAC site (and I am looking for a nude lipstick for pigmented lips too...)