Recommend me an eye make up remover please.

Glitziegal

Hola beauties,
I am seeking opinions on eye make up removers.
I do not want one with oil in, or that is greasy
I have very sensitive eyes so have been advised that MAC is out.
I'm currently using Bliss lid and lash wash, but it doesn't quite remove all my mascara.
I'm not too bothered about cost but won't pay over £20.00 (approx $30)

Thank you in advance :p

Shawna

I actually like the Oil of Olay face wash clothes. They are relatively cheap, and they get every last trace of eye makeup off. I have even used them with my contact lenses in, and they never seem to sting my eyes. I have also used Biotherm face wash clothes and they work really well too. I have sensitive (really dry) skin and have never had a problem with either one. I know they aren't exactly eye makeup removers, but they do the job really well. Hope that helps.

jess98765

Make up remover wipes are quite good. They arent so watery and so you won't have to worry bout all this liquid stuff going into your eye (even if they do say it doesn't affect your eye).

glittergoddess27

I use a combination of MAC wipes and Mary Kay Oil-free eye makeup remover. MK remover is awesome. One of the best things they do besides Mascara I think. You soak the cotton ball hold it on your eye for a second and swipe,.. it takes everything off with a minimal of scrubbing and it it dries in a few seconds leaving your skin dry and no greasy residue left.

ambidextrous

I use Maybelline Eye Makeupremover Special Waterproof (translated it from German into English, so i could have a different name in your country). I think it's not totally oil free since it takes off EVERY Eye and Lip Makeup I ever did, but it doesn't feel greasy at all. It's also the bestseller in Germany. Real great stuff!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Clinique eyemakeup remover in the blue bottle. I often swap for GWP sizes on makeupalley.com and carry them in my purse. the stuff is awesome and not greasy at all.

Miss_MAC

Why buy makeup remover when babywipes are gentle and get rid of makeup with ease? they are so cheap too. just a thought.

Jennifer Mcfly

I had this same problem. I was looking for a non-oily but moisturizing cream makeup remover and decided to try good old Pond's Cold cream! Let me tell you, this stuff takes everything off, EVERYTHING!! It's amazing how easily it takes off mascara, waterproof or not. And it leaves your face/eyes so soft. Afterwards, I use a makeup remover towelette (I use Walmart brand, imitation of Pond's) to wipe the excess off and my face is squeeky clean! I highly recommend Pond's!
Good luck!!!

XxTinker_BellxX

DONT DONT DONT by the Alamay eye make up remover i bought it and it was HORRIBLE.. it was in a pink bottle and it as sooo greasy, but i DO like their wipes
greengrin.gif
. I usually just use my clinique face lotion, thats great and i do second their eye mu remover in the blue bottle.. i love the stuff!

NutMeg

Cetaphil. Most gentle thing ever, but it really works. Just pat it on, let it soak in, and then wipe off. It works for all makeup too. But it doesn't clean enough for the rest of the face, so you'd have to use something else to really get clean.

jess98765

vasaline?? does that work? Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing here- the jelly like substance thing right?? how does it work by taking your makeup off? Won't it just smudge it all up

badpenny

I use the Almay non-oily wipes and love them. I bought the moisturizing ones one time and they were awful, though.

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess98765
vasaline?? does that work? Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing here- the jelly like substance thing right?? how does it work by taking your makeup off? Won't it just smudge it all up

It takes off my eyeliner and mascara great. I put it on a wet paper towel and wipe with a dry one. Rimmel eyeliner is hard to get off and vaesline works great.

user4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
I use a combination of MAC wipes and Mary Kay Oil-free eye makeup remover. MK remover is awesome. One of the best things they do besides Mascara I think. You soak the cotton ball hold it on your eye for a second and swipe,.. it takes everything off with a minimal of scrubbing and it it dries in a few seconds leaving your skin dry and no greasy residue left.

haha... me too. i use both of these. so funny. the mary kay does really take any excess off... its good!

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTinker_BellxX
DONT DONT DONT by the Alamay eye make up remover i bought it and it was HORRIBLE.. it was in a pink bottle and it as sooo greasy, but i DO like their wipes
greengrin.gif
. I usually just use my clinique face lotion, thats great and i do second their eye mu remover in the blue bottle.. i love the stuff!

I used to love this stuff (Almay) b/c it was so slimey and I thought that made it work good...but then I tried using (Pond's) Cold Cream and makeup wipes and I'll never use that again!!! The Almay stuff is so greasy whereas the Cold Cream is so moisturizing w/o being greasy!