Recommendations for a huge AUDITION!

hi!

gosh - i have not posted here in probably years! hi everyone!
smiles.gif

the whole story:
anyway - i have a huge singing audition coming up and i actually ran into one of the judges and she gave me some tips one of them was look like a star with full hair and full makeup. i thought about going and getting my hair and makeup done but i am deciding against that because the audition process has a next day call back that's earlier in the day and there's no way i could get it all done in time.

the short story:
audition - have to look like a STAR - need makeup (hair too!) suggestions!!!

any colors, any brand, any anything you can think of basically!!!!!!! i'm including some pictures of me and i a picture of the top i think i'll be buying for the audition!

71781_lrg.jpg

^ Top I'm probably buying

2970380605_3353be9ebd.jpg

bare

and i'm sorry but that's pretty much all the pictures i have right now... the rest are on my camera but i'll post more so you can get an idea of my face!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
th_worship.gif

noturavgurl

you are so pretty! would you wear jeans with that top? you could try googling some of your favorite singers and pick up some ideas that way. def don't go too overboard with the makeup. as for hair, i find youtube has the best hair tutorials ever! ..anyhoo, good luck with your audition!
th_DANCE.gif

Mabelle

i would do a light smokey eye with grey shades. i repeat, light smokey eye. a nude/pinky lip gloss... maybe something like up the amp? very soft pink blush and a champagne coloured highlight.

as for you're hair, i duno how great you are with styling, but getting a blow dry is never a bad thing. I would just say blow it out to give it more volume.

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i would do a light smokey eye with grey shades. i repeat, light smokey eye. a nude/pinky lip gloss... maybe something like up the amp? very soft pink blush and a champagne coloured highlight.

as for you're hair, i duno how great you are with styling, but getting a blow dry is never a bad thing. I would just say blow it out to give it more volume.

This is the same road I would recommend.
for light smokey eye I would say do a more neutral color on the lid and fade it out in the corners to a dark navy (or) charcoal color. and if you can, I would say definately put some false lashes on! nothing too crazy, but I think falsies add sooo much!

depending on if you're going to be on stage for your audition, I would recommend more blush than you're used to so you don't look washed out at all
smiles.gif

if you want a more nude lip, make sure you get a lipliner so your lips are well defined and don't fade into your face
smiles.gif

and i agree with the blow out method for your hair... put some big ol' rollers in it and comb out when you take them out !
hope this helps if u have questions PM me
th_wink3.gif

Thanks!

If you have any color reccomendations as well that'd be great!!!

Basically I have to look like a star. I have t show them I can come in ready to get on stage, full hair, full face, all that. They want to know I can do it on my own. I have to stand out like crazy so I can look better than the other 500 singers. Haha

anshu7

Heres wat I think. I cant think of all the products so please fill in the blanks
primer
MUFE HD FDTN
STROBE CREAM/ Revlon Skinlights (liquid luminiser)
a powder blush just a pop of color on the apples of ur cheeks (peachy pink maybe?)
bronze highlighter: bobbi brown shimmer brick in bronze
smokey eye
black eyeliner
false lashes
dont go too neutral on the lip maybe VGV lipstick and gloss?

carry blot papers. sometimes heavyduty lights can turn u into an oilslick

missfaithy

FOR MAKE-UP:
I'd actually go towards the picture of the TOP you're getting -- very subtle, but very sultry at the same time. The above posters have recommended great color combos! Try out a few or the make-up looks at a make-up counter. You don't have to go full-out, but at least you'll also have some one talking you through it, which in the long-run will better help you re-create it. =)

FOR HAIR:
With any type of curling of hair...I TOTALLY rec. Hot Tools Professional Spring Curling Iron (the gold one) in 1 1/4" OR Helen of Troy Gold Series Spring Curling Iron in 1 1/4" -- either gives hair that very very nice waves (see profile pic).

HTH! =)
th_DANCE.gif

Latest posts