recreating kate hudson look

kltam4

Chris%20Robinson%20-%20Kate%20Hudson.jpg

I love the soft, glowing look kate hudson always seems to have.
I have a party this weekend, and would appreciate any recs on how to recreate this look!

check out these links- warning, they're quite large, but it shows the above makeup in fantastic detail...

*** http://www.wallpapergate.com/wallpaper1540.html
*** http://www.wallpapergate.com/wallpaper1541.html

and a note: i don't own loose powder and haven't tried it before. do you think that's part of the reason her face looks so soft? how do you get skin looking so soft and dewy like hers?

thanks so much!
kristy

Wattage

To recreate this look, I think it is important to keep in mind that Kate is quite tanned. To help keep the look natural, try to stay within your natural colour range for products and not piling on a lot of bronzer, etc., and try not to make yourself look exactly like these photos.

Start with a good moisturizer. If your face is prone to becoming oily, try something with a little oil control but otherwise go for a moderate to heavy moisturizer. I find this really helps me when I am creating the dewy look but I do not have very oily skin.

Next, apply concealer around the eye area, blending into the face for a seamless look. Select Moisturecover is great for this - it stays put, covers well and doesn't look like it is sitting on top of the skin. For the rest of your face, I recommend a light coverage foudation, such as Select Tint. Spot conceal any blemishes. Blend very well with a sponge, brush, whatever you like to use. I prefer a 180 brush or a wedge sponge myself.
I would use a very, very small dusting of loose powder or blot powder to set your foundation - but nothing excessive. Pay extra attention to the eye area - if you look at Kate's photos close up you can see the concealer has settled into her undereye creases. This can usually be avoided with a little powder.

Lext, line the brows using a very neural colour. I recommend something like Kid shadow, depending on your brow colour though.

To highlight the eyes, start with a white or off-white shadow under the brow (I use Mylar for this). Next, complete an all over wash with a shimmery champagne colour, such as Shroom. Follow with a small amount of Kid in the crease. Use a neutral shimmer (Grain is one of my faves) on the lid. Line just above the lash line with a chocolate brown kohl or a angle brush and a brown shadow (I recommend Brown Down). Sometimes with this look I like to use Rich Ground fluidline instead of a kohl or shadow liner. I love its shimmery finish and I find it really brightens the eyes. To finish, blend well with your blending brush, followed by a small dusting of mylar on the inner-V area. Top your top lashes only with a few good coats of a true black mascara. I don't use MAC's mascaras, so I can't recommend one - sorry!

For the cheeks, I recommend Stereo Rose MSF or Peachykeen blush. What she has on is quite "coral" coloured, so that might something to keep in mind when you are trying to work with what you have in your collection. I would use a small amount of Porcelain Pink MSF or Trace Gold to highlight the cheek bones, nose and chin. Shimpagne MSF would be a good alternative too, if there is too much colour once you have applied your blush.

Last, but not least, your lovely lips. I really like Florabundance l/g for neutral looks but others could be used. A little clear lip glass (depending on how pigmented your lips are) could easily do the trick as well. Play around with your glosses and lipsticks till you find something that works. What she has on her lips could easily be recreated.

Just a note on her dewy look. Dewy looks are much easier to achieve when the skin is in tip top shape. This is usually a product of exercise, lots of water, microdermabrasion and a heck of a lotta cash. I recommend a home mircodermabrasion kit - it will really help your skin glow more when used properly.

HTH - have an awesome time at your party! You will look just lovely
smiles.gif

asraicat

the detail pics are quite unflattering & she's a CUTIE.
HOLY BRONZER BATWOMAN
too bad her MA didnt notice the product in her hairline
hi-lite & low-lite contouring is your friend on this one

Latest posts