Recs for eyeliner please

Piaqua

I'm about to have a major online mac haul (off at college and no mac counters that I have easy access to, since I am not allowed to have a car
cry.gif
) and I am in serious need of eyeliners. I haven't used MAC eyeliners in the past (minus my dipdown fluidline- LOVE), and so some advice about them would be greatly appreciated. I am not familiar with the way any of the three pencil liners from MAC apply.

-What liner from MAC is best to use on the waterline? I know consistency matters a lot for lining there.

-What liner would you recommend for everyday wear/colors?

-What liner is best for dramatic colorful looks?

Thank you in advance
lol.gif

KJam

I love the Powerpoint liners - especially the metallic/sparkle ones (burried treasure, bountiful brown, lilacky, forever green, etc)

user2

For everyday look I really like Phone Number Eye Kohl and for gorgeous dramatic looks Blacktrack Fluidline!

And for lining I really like the #208 or #263 brush!

blueyedlady87

MAC's pencils tend to 'travel' down my eye. If you like Fluidline, I'd stick w/ it. I love mine. It stays all day and I can get it right into my waterline.

CaptainMac

Khohls: I can only use khols for lining my upper lashline--when I use it on the lowerline it starts smearing within an hour--and not a good smudged look, but more like I've been crying or rubbing at my eyes. If smearing under the lower lashline tends to be a problem for you I'd stay away from these.
Powerpoints: I really like these and like someone said upthread, the metallicey ones are so pretty. Fairly easy to blend if you want a smudged look. Stay put on my lower lashline. The only downside I find with these is that they seem to lose the sharp point quickly and have to be sharpened a lot, so I end up going through the product a lot quicker than other pencils. But this doesn't stop me from getting them!
Fluidlines: I think these are best for lining the waterline/inside of rim. Really stay put. Great colors too.
Hope this helps!

Latest posts