recs for hurting feet?

MissMarley

I'm at Clinique, but our dress code is all black as well (with our lab coat on top). Our shoes must be black- they can have a buckle or bow, but no open toes and can't be lace-ups. What do you all wear to keep your feet happy? Mine are killing me- I've been rotating flats, Skechers Callies, and high-heeled loafers, all with gel insoles, to figure out what works best. If anyone has the "magic black shoes" for running around all day helping customers and still looking good, can you help a girl out?

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
I'm at Clinique, but our dress code is all black as well (with our lab coat on top). Our shoes must be black- they can have a buckle or bow, but no open toes and can't be lace-ups. What do you all wear to keep your feet happy? Mine are killing me- I've been rotating flats, Skechers Callies, and high-heeled loafers, all with gel insoles, to figure out what works best. If anyone has the "magic black shoes" for running around all day helping customers and still looking good, can you help a girl out?

Ok..I am going to recommend the ugliest shoes on earth...but I swear your feet will not hurt...they're closed and slip-on, and the insole is like a giant pillow. I only wear them when I am wearing pants that cover everything but the toe of the shoe (because, honestly, they're not the prettiest shoes on earth), but they do the trick. They are made by Simply Comfort and they're sold at JC Penney. they tend to be a little pricey, but the relief for the foot pain was SOOOO worth it. HTH!

Although....these look really cute (I might get a pair in balck for myself!)

http://www.footsmart.com/P-Womens-St...Ons-71142.aspx

You also want to soak your feet in warm water and epsom salts when you get home. That helps a lot for the pain and swelling...hth!

MisStarrlight

Those shoes sound amazing! Next time I get $65 to spend on shoes I will be getting them.

For now I tend to stick to flats w/ gel insoles...usually 1/2 size too big so it can compensate for swelling.

MissMarley

I must have those shoes asap!! and they're not that ugly, my Skechers Callies are worse, trust me.

knoxydoll

If you're allowed them I'd suggest some puma shoes; they have a lot of styles without laces and are amazingly comfy IMO. I have to run on concrete for my work and I swear by my Dr. Scholl Gellin' Insoles. The comercials are stupid but my feet feel great after work. I wear these special socks to that seem to help I've noticed. They're from Sears so I don't know if you can get them.
But here's the link...
http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000P...e&mqnodeid=APS

Hope you can find something that helps

Ella_

You can get some insoles that have a clear blue gel in them. The gel constantly comforms to your foot shape and is really quite comfy. I have 2 pair, I keep one pair wrapped around a frozen water bottle to keep them cool and when my feet are killing me I swap one pair of insoles for the chilled pair. It makes such a huge difference for me, especially when Im on my feet all day hairdressing...

amoona

For me boots tend to be more comfrotable them normal heels. It's hit or miss with shoes honestly, and even the most comfy shoes will start to hurt after a full day. Make sure you have an extra pair of flats to switch into once ur feet start hurting.

MissMarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella_
You can get some insoles that have a clear blue gel in them. The gel constantly comforms to your foot shape and is really quite comfy. I have 2 pair, I keep one pair wrapped around a frozen water bottle to keep them cool and when my feet are killing me I swap one pair of insoles for the chilled pair. It makes such a huge difference for me, especially when Im on my feet all day hairdressing...

Yeah, I've got the gel insoles, but they're not really helping- they do keep me comfy throughout the morning though!

Katura

I need to find some nice wedges..honestly, the flats seemed like a good idea but my high arches just cant take it on that tile floor... I've been shoe hunting forever.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Ok..I am going to recommend the ugliest shoes on earth...but I swear your feet will not hurt...they're closed and slip-on, and the insole is like a giant pillow. I only wear them when I am wearing pants that cover everything but the toe of the shoe (because, honestly, they're not the prettiest shoes on earth), but they do the trick. They are made by Simply Comfort and they're sold at JC Penney. they tend to be a little pricey, but the relief for the foot pain was SOOOO worth it. HTH!

Although....these look really cute (I might get a pair in balck for myself!)

http://www.footsmart.com/P-Womens-St...Ons-71142.aspx

You also want to soak your feet in warm water and epsom salts when you get home. That helps a lot for the pain and swelling...hth!

Giz, do you find that you need a half size up in that brand? I have really narrow feet so it's hard for me to find shoes that don't slide yet still accommodate swelling.

MissMarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
I need to find some nice wedges..honestly, the flats seemed like a good idea but my high arches just cant take it on that tile floor... I've been shoe hunting forever.

that's my problem too. my arches and heels are killing me.

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura

I really want to get some natural comfort shoes http://www.shoes.com/cat_e.asp?N=4294965640+6207&ps=90. My friend has some, she's a buyer for a high end boutique, she swears that they are amazingly comfy.

Kisbee

When you get home, put your feet above your heart for 20 minutes (I lie on the floor and put my feet on the edge of the bed), that will make a huge difference to the swelling..

shinygolden

I would suggest having 2 pairs of comfy shoes so you can alternate them, if budget permits. If you wear the same pair every single day, you can wind up with problems, even if they are orthopedically okay. I wore a pair of Birkenstocks (I know, they are ugly!) daily on a vacation, and ouch! Hope you find what you are looking for!

sg

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Giz, do you find that you need a half size up in that brand? I have really narrow feet so it's hard for me to find shoes that don't slide yet still accommodate swelling.

Yes...I sized up 1/2 size because my feet swell after about 8 hours on them...ouch!

giz2000

thelilprincess

are you a maryjane type of girl (i love mj shoes since i was in middle school...and i still do)

i work in a pharmacy, so i am standing all day. i invested in a pair of Danskos Marcelle and they are so comfortable. i would go from an 8 hr day of rotation to a 4 hr shift at work in these clogs. they aren't the cutest pairs of shoes, but they are for clogs - i refuse to wear the other kinds nursing shoes.

i also came across this pair by Earth but wanted it in the mahogany color (so i can have more choices for work shoes). but i can't afford the price tag yet.

and if those don't fancy you, i recommend Aerosoles - i don't like some of their shoes but some of them do rock and they are soooooo comfortable. i have this pair in tan and this pair in yellow. unfortunately they are both open toed shoes.

tinkness

I don't currently work a job where I stand up all the time, but my last job was in a factory and at the end of the day I would limp to my car sometimes. New Balance was the best shoe I could find, but since you can't have lace ups you can't use those. I noticed nobody reccomended the foot king http://www.drschollsshoes.com/. I don't have any of their shoes, and so haven't been able to test them out but I did try some on in the store and they were comfy. They seem to have a ton of styles on the website. Maybe you can find something there?