Rec's for shade alternatives...

stellarx1587

I am trying to re-create my own version of the the Sweet Tea Quad from the High Tea Collection. I've given up trying to track it down. What shade alternatives can anyone suggest for:

Buttersilk, Green Tea, & Red Coco

Thanks to all who reply!!

kare31

I love the sweet tea quad! I'll be so sad when mine is used up. In my opinion, Red Coco is really close to MAC Coppering; Buttersilk, love this shade, haven't seen another MAC shade similar to it, but i think Laura Mercier Buttercream may be pretty close; Green Tea, love this too, and i think Femme Noir is the closest I've seen in MAC's line.

I really wish Buttersilk and Green Tea were permanent colors. I would use them all the time if i weren't trying to make them last.

stellarx1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare31
I love the sweet tea quad! I'll be so sad when mine is used up. In my opinion, Red Coco is really close to MAC Coppering; Buttersilk, love this shade, haven't seen another MAC shade similar to it, but i think Laura Mercier Buttercream may be pretty close; Green Tea, love this too, and i think Femme Noir is the closest I've seen in MAC's line.

I really wish Buttersilk and Green Tea were permanent colors. I would use them all the time if i weren't trying to make them last.

For Green Tea, an MA told me its a combination of Velvet Moss & Juxt. Do you have those two e/s's? If so, would it be possible to compare Green Tea vs. Velvet Moss/Juxt?? I'd appreciate it so much! Thank you!!

kare31

I have Velvet Moss, and the two are nothing alike, IMO. Green Tea is a much darker, deeper shade. Velvet Moss has more green than Green Tea. I don't have Juxt, but if i recall correctly, Juxt is also more yellow and lighter than Green Tea.

Latest posts