recs for smokey eyes on pale skin?

lost in hollywood

hello! as you can see, i'm new to this forum (big time lurker, though ;P)

I'm not really new to makeup, but I don't really get to experiement a whole lot. I just know simple stuff like applying concealer and putting on eyeliner & mascara. I've bought a few eyeshadows here and there, and sadly only have been liking beautiful iris and swish. Alot of things don't suit me, so it's kind of hard to pick colors. What I'm looking for are colors to create a smokey eye but aren't too shimmery/glittery, but won't make me look like I got beat up or anything since I'm very light and have kind of a small eyelid (not asian eyes, though). Techniques are VERY welcome, as I am a beginner in need. Heh.

Brands can be anything, preferably MAC or something drugstore. =]

i appreciate anyone's help! TIA.
-diana

caRpediEm17

umm actually smokey eyes dont always have to be black or brown...you can always use like a variety of colors to achieve a smokey eye, its juSs how you apply everything...like how i do my smokey eye...sometimes ill use pink or teal or purple...and ill juSs apply it on my lid and blend it out to juSs below my brow bone..when i blend it i make it so there is a lot of color on my lid and then blended out so it gets lighter and lighter...then i juSs line my eyes with a black kohl eyeliner...after that i get some either like gray or dark brown eyeshadow and blend the liner out (do the liner and eyeshadow on the bottom too)...umm since you fairskinner though i would recommend a brown eyeliner that can be blended easily and then like a dark brown eyeshadow...umm im definitely not an expert on this so i hope it helps a lil bit...sorry i dont know what colors best work with fair skin though...i know you said you dont experiment very much, but i definitely think you should...thats how i figured out what looked best on me...HTH!

pumpkincat210

have you looked at Silver Ring eyeshadow from mac? It makes a nice smokey eye. I like black tied too. It looks black and glittery in the pan, but it goes on pretty sheer and the sparkles are barely noticeable. Carbon was too dark for my nc20 skin.
Neutral eye shadows like Woodwinked, Bark,All that Glitters, Dazzlelight and Shroom are also some of my favorites.
Other fun colors I recommend are Satellite Dreams, Purple Haze, Expensive Pink, and shimmermoss.
Most of the colors i like are the ones I wouldn't first pick out.

veilchen

I'm also quite fair, and what I like to use for a smokey eye in darker colours is Bronze e/s or Satin Taupe e/s, and for something lighter yet very polished Patina e/s.
I would 2nd everything caRpediEm17 said - almost any colour can be used for a smokey effect, I also love Sumptuous Olive e/s and Star Violet e/s.

carly71722

I'm quite fair skinned too. One of my favorite smokey eyes is silver ring on the lid, print in the crease and outer corner smoked out. I like print because it is dark, but not black so it doesn't look raccoony. I also really like Twinks for a brown smokey eye! Again, it is dark but not SO dark that it looks raccoony. I tend to use a little bit of a matte brown to help smoke it out too! Hope this helps
oh.gif
) Carly

swaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in hollywood
have kind of a small eyelid (not asian eyes, though).

Just to let you know...not all Asian people have "small eyelids"––they come in all shapes and sizes!

Jess-ee-ka

My favourite smokey eye: MAC Blacktrack fluidline, Bobbi Brown Eggplant eyeshadow. Its a dark plummy purple and its a gorgeous smokey eye for pale skin. I have really pale skin and blue eyes and it makes them pop! I love it
smiles.gif

blueyedlady87

If i want a lighter smoky eye, I use Print with some naked Lunch blended over it. It makes it less dramatic. I think the key is to use a smaller amount of shadow, and blend-blend-blend and put a lighter color over it to tone it down. HTH!!

Kat

I like silver ring on the lid with knight devine to smoke it out on the outer third. lighter silver ring in the crease and shroom to highlight!

Have also done a smokey look with woodwinked and bronze - a light hand is required!

productjunkie

Shroom for ur browbone
Knight Devine on lid layering Electra over top
Then add a small amount of black tied on ur 224 brush or something simliar to that and place black tied just in the outside corner and blend lightly upwards
Finish with black liner and loads of mascara

Latest posts