Red L/s

L0VELY

(lol i'm always in the recs forum -_-")
Anyway..
I'm thinking about trying red l/s for the first time, but I'm not sure about which one to go with.. I'm an NC30. :S

THANKS
smiles.gif

freaksinunif0rm

RUSSIAN RED!

I love russian red. I'm a NC40 or 42. I also have MAC Red (it's nice, but not as pretty as russian red) and Rouge Noir (coral red...not as dramatic and red :\)

prinzessin784

In my experience everyone likes something different about red lips, so the best thing to do is try different ones on yourself (if you're close enough to a store to do so). That way you can decide if you like orangey ones, blue ones, or pink ones and you can match up a liner to go with it, too. Even people with similar skin tones can disagree wildly on red lips!!

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
In my experience everyone likes something different about red lips, so the best thing to do is try different ones on yourself (if you're close enough to a store to do so). That way you can decide if you like orangey ones, blue ones, or pink ones and you can match up a liner to go with it, too. Even people with similar skin tones can disagree wildly on red lips!!

^^^ Prinzess is right on the money! Red can sometimes come out a bit differently on every person since it is such a bold color. My suggestions for colors to at least try: Russian Red, Redwood, Ruby Woo, MAC Red, Viva Glam I, OR... Red Enriched Creamstick Liner under Viva Glam VI (with a little Viva Glam VI lipglass over). This turns out to be quite a pretty red look when finished.
When trying on red lipcolor, try to go to the store with a neutral-colored top on (no orange, no bright pink shirts, etc.). That way, you can see how the color looks on your face, without seeing a 'clash' of color reflected from your top. Hope this helps!!
cheerleader.gif

Glitziegal

For someone trying out reds for the first time I always suggest Venetian Lustreglass. It's a very sheer red, so you can get used to seeing colour on your lips without the dramatic wear off.

I am also loving Chance Encounter at the moment, and every gal should have Russian Red lipglass. Totally jawdroppingly gorgeous.

Kat

I love Russian Red, but Ladybug is also gorgeous and it's a lustre formula so it can be sheer of built up depending on your mood.

L0VELY

I asked an artist from MAC, and she pretty much suggested all brown-ish reds. Those seem too dark for me. I was looking for more of a bright red. :S.

~LadyLocks~

If your looking for a red red, I'd say go with Russian Red or Ruby Woo. Thoes were personally were to bright red for me so I ended up with Viva Glam 1 which is a bright red but has a slight brown in it so it's not to bright, if you know what I mean lol. HTH!

haseena

Dubonnet is really gorgeous! I'm a NC42 and this shows up a perfect warm red that doesn't have too much orange in it.

CaptainMac

Like the others said, to each his own when it comes to red but my personal favorite is Dubonnet. My coloring is NC20 when I'm pale to NC30 at my tannest.

L0VELY

I really like the way red l/s looks on Christina Aguilera (I've heard that's it's Powerhouse)... and I was wondering if I can achieve a similar look. Or is that not possible w/ my coloring?

Latest posts