Red lippies! i need help QUICK!

kimmy

i'm NW15 (+freckles) with dark brown hair and green eyes, and i'm just now realizing the greatness of red lips haha! i know i've asked for recs on red products before, but i never felt bold enough to wear red out of the house. BUT, since Fall is coming, red lips are IN! and i just tried on my FL!RT Cherry Pie lipliner and i love it (it's a very vibrant, bright, 50s pinup red)

i'm interested in the new MAC lipgloss and lipstick from the Rockocco collection..i'm pretty low on cash right now, so i'm wondering if i should get these ones or if i should just wait a while and buy the Russian Red lipstick and lipglass or maybe even go with those L'Oreal "Some Like it Scarlett" products. should i start on the lower end and get the L'Oreal ones? or go for the Rockocco? or just any old MAC red products?

what are your favourite reds? especially you paler ladies...

mzcelaneous

Russian Red is my FAVE! I'm not pale, but I've used it on clients (paired with Cherry l/l) and one of them said she looked & felt glamorous
greengrin.gif
I think it'll look gorgeous on you
winks.gif
On days when I don't want to go too bold myself, I like to use Duobonnet.

glueme

Rockocco and Russian Red are pretty similar in color IMO. But Russian ed is a matte which I find tends to dry my lips out a bit more and it looks a lot more old-school classy. Rockocco is an amplified creme, so it's more "wet" looking...so more contemporary-retro if you will. haha!

I tend to stay away from highly pigmented red lipglosses, because the possibility of it getting messy scares me, but to each his own.

If you're low on cash, just go for the L'Oreals! Unless you've got brand loyalty, I'd say just go with what your wallet allows you--just pick a great color and nothing else matters!

kimmy

thank you all! i ended up going for Rockocco l/s and Pure Vanity l/g (thanks to the bf who spotted me a few bucks to get the latter
winks.gif
) and i LOVE them both!

kimmy

yeah, i have Milani's Candy Apple, but it comes off way too easily for me
ssad.gif
i love the colour though! i was pretty stoked when i put Rockocco on, it looks ALOT like Candy Apple
greengrin.gif

Tonitra

I'm NW15, blonde with blue eyes. I love Dubonnet; it's the only red lipstick I've tried that I've liked so far. Very flattering shade, and I like that it's dark red in colour. Oh, and the Amplified Cream formula is wonderful!

kimmy

i've heard alot of great things about Dubonnet...i'm gonna have to look into that
smiles.gif

Latest posts