Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMD84

i'm very excited for the collection!
smiles.gif
i get paid the day before release which is also good!
smiles.gif

ChloeCariad

This sucks. I am going on holiday at the end of next week and saving my pennies for my makeup spending spree. That gives me only one weeks pay to use for this collection. Means I will have to just grab Petticoat and Stereo Rose and then see what's left the following week.
ssad.gif
If only it was the 8th July.

LMD84

on a side note Anitacska i have just been reading your blog and i think your cosmetics collection is simply amazing! and you have bagged so many bargains by purchasing samples
smiles.gif

Anitacska

Thank you, so nice of you to say that!
smiles.gif

I'm always on the hunt for bargains, almost never buy full priced items nowadays, the only thing I can't buy cheap on eBay is Mac because usually if it's cheap, it's fake.
ssad.gif
If I can't find things on eBay, there's usually some discount / deal to be had (Boots or Debenhams), but not so much with Mac, the only time I got 10% off was when I bought them in House of Fraser and they had a 10% off on everything day.

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
Thank you, so nice of you to say that!
smiles.gif

I'm always on the hunt for bargains, almost never buy full priced items nowadays, the only thing I can't buy cheap on eBay is Mac because usually if it's cheap, it's fake.
ssad.gif
If I can't find things on eBay, there's usually some discount / deal to be had (Boots or Debenhams), but not so much with Mac, the only time I got 10% off was when I bought them in House of Fraser and they had a 10% off on everything day.

MAC are really stingy I think, when you buy from them you never get any samples or anything, and the only 'reward' program is B2M which is appreciably leaving Europe (Don't quote me though, I'm not 100% sure) so you really get anything for being a loyal customer, most of the other EL brands do give out samples and things, I know that some of the clinique ones are forever giving them out and it's forever 'bonus time'! and and at Estee Lauder last time I ended up with a bunch of samples and a free gift from a promo they had on...from MAC we may get luck with a 10% day in a store but that's it, they even have these buy-two-get-one-free lipglass/eyeshadow deals going on at nordstorm every now and then but yet nothing here in the UK...unfair much
ssad.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
MAC are really stingy I think, when you buy from them you never get any samples or anything, and the only 'reward' program is B2M which is appreciably leaving Europe (Don't quote me though, I'm not 100% sure) so you really get anything for being a loyal customer, most of the other EL brands do give out samples and things, I know that some of the clinique ones are forever giving them out and it's forever 'bonus time'! and and at Estee Lauder last time I ended up with a bunch of samples and a free gift from a promo they had on...from MAC we may get luck with a 10% day in a store but that's it, they even have these buy-two-get-one-free lipglass/eyeshadow deals going on at nordstorm every now and then but yet nothing here in the UK...unfair much
ssad.gif

here, here.

i hope they're not stopping B2M, it's the only way i can afford stuff just now! environmentally speaking it's a great programme and encourages people to recycle their plastic and i think we should all be doing more of that anyway; but it's also the only way we get freebies! and to my knowledge, it's only redeemable against lipsticks too
ssad.gif
no lipglasses or that. sad. and when you add in the difference in price between UK/US we really are getting a bum deal! boo mac!

LMD84

i know there has been talk about stopping b2m for years now - but i have still been b2m'ing and nobody has mentioned it stopping just yet.
smiles.gif

i just wish we had teh friends and family sales that mac in the states has. i know it's only once or twice a year but at least it's something! also if they won't give you a smaple in store you can actually call mac customer services and they will post you out a sample
smiles.gif
that is what i have done before, takes a while to arrive but at least you get it!

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i know there has been talk about stopping b2m for years now - but i have still been b2m'ing and nobody has mentioned it stopping just yet.
smiles.gif

i just wish we had teh friends and family sales that mac in the states has. i know it's only once or twice a year but at least it's something! also if they won't give you a smaple in store you can actually call mac customer services and they will post you out a sample
smiles.gif
that is what i have done before, takes a while to arrive but at least you get it!

really? last time i asked for a sample i got a very nippy "ehh, no" and that was the end of that! i shall try that one out now
greengrin.gif

Anitacska

iagree.gif
Some brands give really good samples, like Dior and Lancome, I have several 15 ml creams, primer samples, mascara samples, etc. Mac - nothing! Pretty unfair and annoying.
ssad.gif
But they get away with it, look at how quickly their collections sell out. Hohum.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
really? last time i asked for a sample i got a very nippy "ehh, no" and that was the end of that! i shall try that one out now
greengrin.gif

really? try doing itover the phone. usually i explain the fact i'd like to get samples because i can't get to a store and the swatches on the site aren't always acurate.
smiles.gif
which is all true! i'd have never bought a foundation from mac unless they had sent me swatchezs first
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Also the US got free Zoom Lash minis
thmbdn.gif

very true!
ssad.gif
alhough a kind specktra member once sent me a mini with a cp which was nice
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
really? try doing itover the phone. usually i explain the fact i'd like to get samples because i can't get to a store and the swatches on the site aren't always acurate.
smiles.gif
which is all true! i'd have never bought a foundation from mac unless they had sent me swatchezs first
smiles.gif

i'll have a go at that then
smiles.gif
yeah, the girl in newcastle was really abrupt! she wasn't rude, just sharp. it was christmas time and everything, but no need to be so snippy with customers
nonono.gif

samples do make shopping easier. i find that the lighting in stores is pretty bad so you can't get a good feel of the colour either
ssad.gif

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i'll have a go at that then
smiles.gif
yeah, the girl in newcastle was really abrupt! she wasn't rude, just sharp. it was christmas time and everything, but no need to be so snippy with customers
nonono.gif

samples do make shopping easier. i find that the lighting in stores is pretty bad so you can't get a good feel of the colour either
ssad.gif

Don't bother with the girls in Newcastle, the fenwicks ones aren't nice. The girls at house of fraiser in the metro are lovely though!

LMD84

perhaps some people don't realise how rude they sound? i know at Christmas i get seriously stressed from working so much. and there is only so much i can take. i know for a fact i end up sounding abrupt sometimes and usually i'm extremely pleasent with customers!

DollyGirl92

I know! When I was working in Holland and Barett, Jules would have gone mad if anyone was actually rude to customers, and with what H&B sell, you're forever having to help and advice.
at Christmas and stuff when its cold, and dull and dark when you get up and you spend the day light hours working you can't always be bothered with the customer who is asking you questions and when you answer they act like they know better or disagree, I was thinking the whole time "well, if you know exactly what you want, and everything about it then why are you asking me?" but I was never rude to them, sometimes you have to be sort of abrupt or firm.

spunky

i think it was the metro centre one!

i know what you mean though, i worked in sainsburys on the customer service desk so i was bombarded with questions and complaints... did my head in but you just can't be rude to people! i worked on boxing day and by the end of it i wanted to punch half the customers because they didn't have receipts or whatever and demanded things... ARGH! some people do treat shop assistants terribly though. it's not a fun job
ssad.gif

DollyGirl92

You'll have to come with me next time and come MAC shopping!
it could probably have been the metrocentre actually, some of them are a bit intimidating. Lindsey's really nice, but I think she's newer there but recently they've all been so nice, like I brought my guide dog pup in and they loved him, wanted to keep him lol, they always ask how he is and things and tell me about collections and stuff but I go all the time now so

spunky

next time i'm in newcastle we should arrange a specktra meet-up!
smiles.gif

you have a guide dog pup? awwwh! i always want to pet guide dogs but i know you're not meant to... *badrachel*

it's nice when the MAs remember you, i've been served by the same girl in Glasgow a few times now but i really should pop in more just for chitchat
smiles.gif
well, i might be working on a counter over from them if my interview next week goes well
greengrin.gif

LMD84

yes people totally treat shop workers like crap sometimes! i had to call the police on one guy because he wouldn't leave my store and was threatening me. not cool. we have some lovely customers that make up for it though. i have been bought lots of boxes of chocolates and wine for just helping people out which is nice. one of my guys even got tipped £100!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts