Removing Mascara Spots

ebonyannette

Does anyone have any recs besides a qtip for helping to remove mascara spots on your eyelids?

This happens to me all the time and when I use q-tips either the mascara has dried and I cant remove it or I remove it along with my make up.

caffn8me

At my recent M·A·C Pro training evening, the artist showed exactly how to deal with this. She used M·A·C Matte. She placed a blob of this on the mascara spot and let it stay there for a few minutes. She then wiped it off with a q-tip and it really worked without smudging the makeup underneath. I haven't tried this myself yet but I've seen it work.

MiCHiE

When I get some spots on my eyeshadow, I take a Q-tip and dab some of the eyeshadow over them.

user79

I use a q-tip wetted with my own saliva. It sounds gross but it's really not. If it's waterproof stuff I use a bit of the remover on the q-tip, then I put some more eyeshadow on top.

faifai

This is why I do my mascara first. Seriously, my lashes are long and when I curl them the mascara gets all over my eyelids without fail. So I do liner, then mascara, then put a tiny bit of remover on a q-tip and remove the mascara, then I attempt to do the rest of my makeup.

ebonyannette

Thank you so much guys!
im going to try the Matte gel, I was gonna swap it but I ugess I have a reason to keep it now.
I agree Fai I should do the lashes first so we'll see what works best for me.

lightnlovly

I find that once the mascara dries, you can just use your finger to remove it (kinda like pick it off)...it doesn't smudge and comes right off

hyperRealGurl

I avoid the whole mascara on the lids look, by applying my mascara looking down in the mirror instead of looking up.. slowly wiggle side to side and extend out . i look strange sitting down holding a compact mirror in my hand looking down putting mascara on.. but what can i say it works for me

Bootyliciousx

wait for it to dry and then remove it with a towel or nakpkin and put foundation on that spot. Wait for the masscara spot to dry so you don't smudge it more and it is easy to get rid of.

devin

i normally wait for the mascara to dry and then take a dry mascara wand and scrape it off gently. Make sure to be gentle with the mascara wand so you don't scratch your eyelids.
smiles.gif

DaizyDeath

yeah i do the same as the other girl and look downwards in the mirror and that cases you to see just the same but your lashes are lower and not touching the eye since your looking down

it really works!

BlahWah

My lashes aren't that long (I'm Chinese =P) but I've always done my lienr and mascara first like faifai so I can dig right in, then clean the mess up afterwards. I've solved the problem of fallout on my lashes by spritzing w/ water or Fix+ after picking up pigments or e/s on my brush. Much less to worry about as I go along.

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
At my recent M·A·C Pro training evening, the artist showed exactly how to deal with this. She used M·A·C Matte. She placed a blob of this on the mascara spot and let it stay there for a few minutes. She then wiped it off with a q-tip and it really worked without smudging the makeup underneath. I haven't tried this myself yet but I've seen it work.

I'm so trying that next blotch.

I let it dry... then I use pro eyemakeup remover or something watery, even like Visine, drop on the q tip, use the wet side to remove and the dry side to reblend if necessary.

Latest posts