Russian Red vs. Tassle - do i need both?

Shavwi

Russian Red has been my HG red for a while now- I love it. Is Tassle different enough to justify buying it? I know that RR is a matte and Tassle is an amplified, but are there any other differences?thanks guys!

Spenser

I just swatched 'em on my hand (sorry no pics). Tassle is significantly warmer and orangier than Russian Red and much more sheer straight out of the tube. I also compared my collection of MAC reds and they are all definitely different...but Chanel Coco Red is "almost" identical to RR in a non-matte formula.

Shavwi

ooh! thanks! I look better in cool reds anyway and orangier is not a good thing for my complexion, so you just saved me from having to return Tassle
smiles.gif

fabdumplin

See tassle has a different look on my complexion. I'm very fair skinned with dark brown eyes and light brown hair. It looks like a "true" red when I wear it, one that does not have either blue or orange undertones.

I find that russian red is more blue and dramatic. It's difficult to apply a sheer coat, so I wear it when I want to feel noticed.

I do like both and find that I wear them daily.

Spenser

Oooh! As a Red lipstick lover I would NEVER want to imply that you shouldn't have both
lol.gif

I adore my Tassle and think that both Tassle and Russian Red are smashing (NC25 brown hair/eyes for reference). If anything Tassle is more wearable and suited to a broader range of skintones.

ramonesbrat

I can't speak for RR, as I've never tried it, but I don't find Tassle to be orange-toned at all. It looks very true red on me, with a slight, slight blue undertone. I'm an NC37.

Shavwi

thanks everybody for the replies! Spenser - I understand what you were trying to say better now! lol My decision is now between Tassle and Viva Glam I. I'll let ya know what I choose!

Latest posts