"Salmon" colored concealer

roxybc

So I was watching The View the other morning and they had a makeup artist that does makeup on celebrities on the show talking about makeup tips.

The lady said to use a "salmon" colored concealer for under eye bags. First she applied foundation, and then blended the salmon colored concealer under the models eyes and into the foundation that was already applied. She set everything with powder and it did look great, but I'm not sure if it was because a professional was applying it and they were showing the results on TV, or if it was actually because salmon colored concealer really does work better for covering up under eye bags.

Has anyone ever heard of or tried using a salmon colored concealer before? If so how did it work out???

lara

Yep - salmon is a dark pinkish orange that cancels out purple, which is the colour of most under-eye darkness.
smiles.gif

If you want to get serious about concealers, invest in a Kryolan 6-colour concealer wheel. I swear by it.

roxybc

Quote:
invest in a Kryolan 6-colour concealer wheel. I swear by it.

Is Kryolan a brand? I've never heard of it. I was looking at a concealer color wheel that had 5 (I think) colors of concealer in it. Salmon, green, purple and 2 other colors closer to most people's skin tones, although none of the colors are the same as my everyday concealer I use.

I always heard people say that the green, purple and other colored concealers were hard to use, and usually end up making you look really chalky.

Should I stay away from the other colors? Are there any application tips?

Latest posts