Sephora recommendations please?

natalie75

In September I am taking my mom for her second trip to MD Anderson Hospital. Last time we went, I drug her to about 5 MAC stores and Sephora in the Galleria.

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO overwhelmed at Sephora, I think the only thing I bought was UD eye primer.

Please help me so I won't be some overwhelmed this time. What are some Sephora must haves?

thanks

sewpunk

I love Sephora's wall of tools. I can stand there for an hour just checking out and comparing the brushes, bags, tweezers, manicure stuff, ect.

Check out the website first, and make a list of stuff you want to try, write it down and ask for samples! (at least for skin and fragrence stuff) And go with a bare face so you can try stuff on till your hearts content.
smiles.gif

as far as a must have.... I'm not sure. I guess my first purchase there was a makeup bag, a concealer brush and some benefit stuff.
greengrin.gif
I love the mini eye and lip pencils They have so many color choices and they are all under 5 bucks.

I picked up Smashbox brush cleaner there, and I love it. Way better then MAC's.

My next thing I plan on getting from Sephora is a new lash curler (Shu or Shiedo) so I can ditch my drugstore one and some L'Occtaine and Philosophy skin products.

CincyFan

One thing I get every time I go to Sephora is the sample sized Smashbox Photo Finish. They have them in the trial size racks by the register. It turns out that it's cheaper to buy two sample sizes than the full size. The full size is .93 oz for $36. The sample size is .5 oz for $15.50.

I always check out the UD, Benefit and Too Faced products. They are my personal favorites. I also check out the Sephora brand m/u.

maxcat

Philosophy. Can't get enough of them. Lemonade... it's hair and body wash and smells like the real deal... The Fresh stuff can be pretty amazing too. Sephora's own brand has some nice colors but I find their lipsticks overpriced... Bourjois has some good fun quality product.

stellarx1587

I always check out NARS. The color payoff of their eyeshadows is CRAZY. Super pigmented and blendable. I really like their blushes too.

Indigowaters

This is my list:

The Gingerbread Man scrub. After washing this off, you’ll feel like you have a brand new body. I was even skeptical of it and all the things I heard about it until I tried.

Miss Dior Cherie perfume is another. Others might say it’s too sweet but I suggest you do a search on here to see the review everyone gave it.

I want to get those gel socks that moisturize your feet. Does anyone know what they’re called?

queenofdisaster

philosophy 3-in-1 shower gels are awesome
winks.gif

too faced blushes and eyeshadows are amazing
and nars blushes are like woohoo!
my favorite scents are the ones by comptoir sud pacifique and la maison de la vanille.
i could LIVE in sephora.

ebonyannette

I think the way to conquer Sephora is take you time. Go when your not in a rush and you can browse around and test stuff. Dont be afraid to tell the assistants your just looking so that way you dont feel pressured to find a certain thing, take a look at the products they have. it is intimidating when choosing a brand but the best thing to do is try it. They have a great return policy too, I returned a mascara there with no problems.

MAC_Whore

Definitely check out the brushes/tools.

Nars is great. Nars does a Sephora exclusive that is a compact with Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. It's hot!

Nars blush in Oasis.

Nars The Multiples sticks, esp South Beach and Copacabana.

Don't waste your money on the Nars lipgloss in Orgasm. Meh...not so impressive.

The Nars #12 brush. It is my favorite brush. It is like a mini MAC 224 brush. It is the best brush for strong colours in the outer V of the eye.

Cargo lip gloss duos. You get a lot for the price, and you get two colours in one. I love Machu Picchu, Pago Pago, Hong Kong and Cancun.

Cargo makes an eyeshadow called Green Bay that looks like a dead-ringer for Lucky Green. I haven't swatched it yet to check out texture or colour payoff, but it would be worth investigating.

Perfumes:
Ines De La Fressange (very unique and clean smelling).
Dior Addict 2: Nothing at all like Dior Addict. This is light and smells of grapefruit, IMO.

Check out the Make Up Forever shadows for a great range of light to vivid colours. Fun stuff!

Bare Escentuals for good bronzers.

Sue Devitt Eye Intesifier Pencil in Gold Reef.

Diorshow or Diorshow Unlimited mascara.

Laura Geller Baked Brightness powders. They are similar to MAC's Mineralize Skinfinishes.

GlowFusion spray on tanner. It has a nice delivery system, the smell isn't bad and it works. I use it once on sat and once on weds and that does it for me. I am a MAC NW25 and use the GlowFusion in medium. Hey my hubby even uses it and loves it. It is a bit on the pricey side, but for as little as you need and considering how well it works, it is worth it, IMO.

Damn, now you're broke. Sorry!
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
......I want to get those gel socks that moisturize your feet. Does anyone know what they’re called?

I know that Bliss makes mittens and socks that work in concert with a moisturizer. I can't say enough good things about Bliss body moisturizers!
smiles.gif

vivaXglamlove

Too faced! I love their bronzers,shadows and eyeliners!
the balm! so amazing! I love their water my melon and Spike my bunch liglosses!

natalie75

Overwhelmed again! haha

I ended up going to three MAC stores and Sephora. At Sephora, I got Nars Orgasm blush, Gingerbread body exfoliator from Philosophy, Bad Gal Lash and UD primer. NARS shadows seemed very nice, but I have so many MAC. I got Club and Shadow Lady..........oh and another Blonde on Blonde l/s for my daughter at MAC.

Thank you all..................I think I'll order more online. With all the airline regulations, I had to pack almost everything in my carry on and my MAC carryall was already full
cutey.gif

natalie75

gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
This is my list:

The Gingerbread Man scrub. After washing this off, you’ll feel like you have a brand new body. I was even skeptical of it and all the things I heard about it until I tried.

Miss Dior Cherie perfume is another. Others might say it’s too sweet but I suggest you do a search on here to see the review everyone gave it.

I want to get those gel socks that moisturize your feet. Does anyone know what they’re called?

weeping.gif
I went throught that GM scrub so fast!! It seems like I loose more in the shower than I get on me! I've already ordered another one and the Sephora Pink Grapefruit (my sister loves it).

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie75
weeping.gif
I went throught that GM scrub so fast!! It seems like I loose more in the shower than I get on me! I've already ordered another one and the Sephora Pink Grapefruit (my sister loves it).

Ok, you have me curious about it. I think I will pick one up. Enablers!!!
smiles.gif