Sephora recs?

HouseOfWu

I have a Sephora gift certificate for about $200 :dance: and I'm looking for recommendations, specifically blush, lippies (more into lipgloss than lipstick), brushes (esp. a blush brush & fine tipped liner) and lots of eye makeup! I'm really interested in BE shadows, I love the color range but I want to make sure they show up well. For reference, I'm quite fair, blue eyes with dirty blonde/brown hair. Really anything you guys love and know are good products - I get in that store and often get blinded, I want to spend it wisely and not just end up with a lot of overpriced hype. TIA!!

l1lvague

i have 3 BE shadows but it's all gold, peachy shimmery colors and yes, they do show up very well. I love it though I don't use it as much as my other eyeshadows. Also, YOU HAVE TO GET THE SEPHORA BRONZER BRUSH!! I LOVE IT! It can be used for powder/foundation, blush, AND bronzer. It's sooo soft too. I love itttt. Also, if you have problems with creasing, get the Urban Decay Primer Potion! I just got it and used it only about 3x and it seems to work. I have to try it for a crazy night out to see if it actually works but from reviews here the UDPP seems to work great. I love sephora! hope u pick out good and useful things there!

pumpkincat210

Urban Decay has some new Deluxe Eyeshadows out that are gorgeous. Also my other faves are the sephora shader brush for the eye. Diorshow mascara, benefit bad gal lash mascara. Too faced has some really great eyeshadows now since they've reformulated, Have fun!!

martygreene

Things worth getting from Sephora?
-Tarte Cheekstains (Tickled and Blushing Bride are my most-reached-for shades for myself and most clients)
-LORAC Gloss Sticks (Sheer Plum, Sheer Berry)
-Stila, Make Up For Ever, or NARS eyeshadows
-Make Up For Ever (Face and Body foundation, Loose powder, Shine-on Powder, Pearly Waterproof Eyeliner pencils)
-NARS lipsticks
-Stila Convertible Color

The sephora bronzer brush is great, and I use it a lot for buffing powder products from blush to powder. For eyeliner I'd say save your GC for makeup things, and go to your local craft store and get a small (00, or 000 size) round synthetic hair brush (check in the acrylic media brushes). Considerably cheaper for the same thing.

xsnowwhite

definitely look into urban decay 24/7 eye liners. They seriously last a long time. Oh and big fatty mascara also by UD, i really liked this one!

ginger9

Stila e/s rock and NARS is known for blush and e/s too. Stila has a softer, pretty palette whereas NARS contains a bigger colour spectrum. Try out the Orgasm blush, it's a must to do
winks.gif

For brushes check out Paula Dorf, she makes most excellent makeup brushes (more expensive compared to Sephora brushes).

Don't forget Smashbox! Lots of fun colours and products to check out. They have one of the best primers in the market and they always have cool makeup sets to offer for the value.

Have fun shopping
cheerleader.gif