Shine problems!

Ithica

I'm one of those unlucky people that can start off looking okay with make up but after a while my Tzone gets rather shiney. I've currently tried the Matte Gel and various blot papers but I'm looking for something that can last longer.

As much as i like Matte gel, i HATE the feel of it on my skin. Any advice welcome
smiles.gif

Also, any recs on a foundation to also help this problem out? Something matte and oil free - Don't worry about colour ref, I can work from there
greengrin.gif
Thanks girls!

martygreene

which matte gel do you use, and what do you dislike about it? There are two things I suggest- under your makeup I suggest Peter Thomas Roth's mattifying gel, and OVER (and for touchups) Smashbox's Anti-Shine Compact (or the Anti-Shine face powder, if there is a shade that matches you). These are my standbys for actors and models who have issues with shine on film/stage and they work beautifully.

kimmy

i have the same problem, so when my skin's extra oily i just use mineral foundation. have you tried that kind of thing yet?

martygreene

Also, having the right skincare really helps. Remember, you don't want your skincare to suck the oil out of your face too much, that'll just make your face produce more when you aren't actively cleansing/futzing with it.

HapaDynazty

Martygreene is right.

I used to have oily skin a couple years back. I started to use hydrating skin care (lotions, toners etc)

My skin is no longer oily!

My skin gets worse when I use everything Matte and oil-free.

shopgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
i have the same problem, so when my skin's extra oily i just use mineral foundation. have you tried that kind of thing yet?

my friend used everyday minerals foundation on me and though it seemed to buff away blemishes really well, it somehow felt thick and heavy.. and looked soo greasy to me.
ssad.gif

nup

I have very oily T-zone and I use EL products:
Idealist skin refinisher primes my skin perfectly and over that maximum cover make up takes care of everything else. I don't really need maximum cover but ever since I started using it, it minimized my shining! I don't even have to reapply during the day unless it's a particularly warm day and I sweat a lot so I keep at hand my oil control pressed powder. HTH

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgood
my friend used everyday minerals foundation on me and though it seemed to buff away blemishes really well, it somehow felt thick and heavy.. and looked soo greasy to me.
ssad.gif

EM foundations get really greasy looking on me sometimes too. i use Physician's Formula Mineral Wear now and i never have any problems with it.
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

I have oily skin and ALWAYS got shiny skin no matter what I did also. Then switched foundations to Bare Escentuals. I never have the same problems I used to, especially in the summer months. I will never go back to liquid/cream foundation. I have just ordered an EM trial kit, but haven't recieved it. I'm hoping that will be nice foundation. I guess we'll see.

mbee

I'm still struggling with my shiny t-zone and I've been working with some new products which seem to helping. I have been using a Chanel Gel Oil Control Lotion Toner (only on my t-zone with regular double action moisturizer on the rest of my face), Chanel T Mat Shine Control Serum on the t-zone, and I top it off with Laura Mercier foundation primer before my traditional make-up.