Should i get Midimauve again,guys??

shimpaniac

hey,
i just happened to scoop out the last bits of my beloved Midimauve lippie a few days back...but since i hadnt been using it much lately,i really dont remember the original colour too well.
All i know is that this remainder is kinda brownish and dull mauve,and i really dont look too great if i put on more than two light layers...

Thing is, im certainnnn that when id purchased it, about 4 years back, i had LOVED it...it was rosier...
and again,today at the MAC store, the Midimauve i tried was pinkish and gorgeoussss.....how weird!!

I cant believe im asking this,but folks,is it possible that my old lippie has changed colour and doenst appeal anymore...??has that ever happened to anyone before??
im really curious...
i just updated my lippie collection...i got vivaglam 5...hug me...creme de la femme...fast play...and sweetie...
so.....do u think i still need midimauve?watsda real color like??
im NC 35 ...dark hair/eyes...
thanks y'all !!!

Nick

Did you try the new one at the counter on, then look at yourself in natural lighting? If you did, and you still loved the color, then it's probably still what you're looking for. But if you only saw it in the store, it might not be quite right IRL.

I don't think I've ever heard of a lip color skewing brown for no reason other than age, but I wouldn't rule it out completely. Or, I guess it could be some weird fluke with the lipstick being poorly mixed or something. TBH, I think it's probably more likely that you're just remembering it as how you perceived it years ago, but your tastes have changed a bit since. Personally, Midimauve does look dull with my complexion, and I prefer Syrup.

shimpaniac

hey...thanks...
and guess what??that weird mixing theory of yours seems true...because i scraped out the remainder into a pot and applied with a bush...and voila!!!once again its like what i saw in the store...pinkish...as compared to that dull brown hue...apparently the top bit was browner/more mauve...
who could've thought that?????haHA

but yes,in general, i agree with your store lighting thing...that's happened to me lots of times...!!
thanks again....!!!