Should Lips & Cheeks Match?

cno64

Does anyone else coordinate, if not match, their blush and lipcolor?
Or am I a fossilized dinosaur?

claresauntie

I always make sure that my blush and lip color complement each other, but they don't usually match. For example, a rose color on the cheeks for days I'm wearing rose or red lips. I wear a pink on my cheeks with pink or berry lips. I wear a gorgeous orangey-pink a lot with neutral lips and with lip colors that have brown-pinks.

Hawkeye

nope I do it too
greengrin.gif

prinzessin784

Definitely complementary, but I think it would be hard to make them match enough so that it was obvious. I generally don't wear very dark colors on my cheeks but my lips are much more vibrant.

d_flawless

they should not contrast, nor match completely. i guess you could say compliment? lol.
when i use a blush like margin or sunbasque, i def. don't over-do it by wearing a matching lip, since i'm pretty light as it is (nc-25) and i don't want it to look so contrived, but yeah. they should be similar in tone, just not too similar.

Dreamergirl3

I don't really match my blush to my lips unless I'm wearing a 'louder' mouth or something more vibrant,but I think the important thing is the undertones. Warm lip/warm blush, cool lip/cool blush. HTH!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
Definitely complementary, but I think it would be hard to make them match enough so that it was obvious. I generally don't wear very dark colors on my cheeks but my lips are much more vibrant.

I tend to be pretty fearless when it comes to color, even though my skin is pale.
I've been known to pair "Girl About Town" lipstick with "Deep Pink" blush, for example.
I use a light hand with the blush, however, and blend, blend, blend.

Katja

I've never worn bright green blush with a sparkley yellow lipcolour, if that's what you're asking.
winks.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja
I've never worn bright green blush with a sparkley yellow lipcolour, if that's what you're asking.
winks.gif

No, but what color blush WOULD you wear with sparkly yellow lipcolor?

amoona

hmm never thought of them being match/complimenting each other. haha now that i think about it i do compliment my blush and my lips i just didn't think of it much i guess hehe.

Hawkeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
No, but what color blush WOULD you wear with sparkly yellow lipcolor?

why, orange of course :p

Latest posts