Silverstroke f/l + (suggested pigment) = fun!!

BlahWah

I got Silverstroke off of eBay for half-price for the chance to fiddle w/ melting in a pigment w/ a f/l as I saw in a tutorial I can no longer find
ssad.gif
. I know it'll be too light to show much on my colouring (or at least I'd have to be dramatic w/ it to show) which is why I picked it up. I'd like some suggestions as to which pigments I should mix it with. I've only got one other f/l, Shade, which I love.

Here's a list of the pigments I have (my lighter ones aren't mentioned):

Golden Olive
Tan
Kelly Green
Rose
French Violet
Violet
Goldenaire
Lovely Lily
Kitschmas
Blue Steel
Blue Storm
Forest Green
Chocolate Brown
Coco
Copper Sparkle
Melon
Deckchair
Pink Bronze

I know half of these are warm and Silverstroke's...well, silver, but I thought I'd throw them in anyway. For some reason I'm thinking either Kelly Green or Violet.

aziajs

I think that depending on the look you could use any of them. I saw at a fashion show on the Style network that they used Silverstroke with a silver pigment but they didn't say which one.

BlahWah

Oops, I should clarify. I'd like to melt a pigment into SIlverstroke. In the tuturial I saw the f/l was melted by being place in a ceramic bowl of just-boiled water, then taken out after I think 5 mins. and pigment was mixed in, then placed in the hot water again. She did it with Blacktrack and Rose, I think...hmm...maybe I'll use Rose, since I don't use it for much else...???

neeshie

wow...melting fluidlines and adding pugment....would never have though tof that.
do they still have the same consistency once melted?
btw i would try adding blue storm or french violet...actually prob blue storm cos i love it!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle_pixie_
i wouldnt use rose
it has gold in it, you know, doesnt make sense to me

I never see any gold in the sample I have, or at least not when I wear it, so I never thought of that...but thanks for the note, I'll hold on Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeshie
wow...melting fluidlines and adding pugment....would never have though tof that.
do they still have the same consistency once melted?
btw i would try adding blue storm or french violet...actually prob blue storm cos i love it!

I assume it has the same consistency since there was a tutorial on it (i.e. this should work!), but to be on the safe side I'm trying it out on a f/l I got for cheap and also which I'd never really be able to wear. I'm thinking I'll do it this week so I'll let you know how it goes! Blue Storm is a good suggestion, thanks. =)

Latest posts