Smokey eyes!

LiL_eMo_KiD

hmm.gif
I really would like to learn how to get the 'Smokey eyes' affect. I think it looks amazing but have no idea how to get the look for myself, any help is greatly appreciated!
smiles.gif

Miki1985

I think there are many different ways you can do a smokey eye. A few of my favorites:

1) Apply black liner all around eyes, including the inner rims. Smudge with Q-tip and apply lots of mascara. It's sexy and takes two minutes.

2) Apply a medium grey or brown to the lid to just above crease and highlight the brow bone; apply a dark liner all around eye and smudge it; apply mascara.

3) Apply a medium shade to the lid, a deep shade in the crease, and an even deeper shade in the outer v. Highlight the brow, and finish with smudged liner and lots of black mascara.

Don't feel like you have to use the standard greys/blacks when doing a smokey eye. I like a bronze smokey eye even more! Blues, greens, purples, any color you like, really, can be made into a smokey eye look by using varying shades and intensities.

DaizyDeath

what i usually do is just do my makeup as normal and then take carbon matte es and place it on the lashline like an eyeliner then i just smudge it and make a thin line at the bottom and smudge it.

maxcat

Do your eyes first. Mash the shadow on any way you want... then clean up with a makeup remover. THEN do your foundation, concealer, etc etc. You will get fallout, it will be dark, it will make a mess.

bellaetoile

the first thing i notice is that people tend to call 'smoky' a color. smoky is mor of a techniques, as it can be done with ANY color. choose whatever color it is you want to use, some favorites of mine are turquoise, purple, emerald green, or rosy pink. i love how colors look when you add darker shades to make them "smoky", as it just gives the whole look an edgier feel. once you apply the shadows the way you want, take a darker color (such as carbon, black tied, or even a non-black color, such as beauty marked, or contrast). apply the darker color into your crease, and blend out. you can add some along the top lashline, and bottom lashline. then, using black, or a similar dark color, line your eyes along the top and bottom lashlines. if you like, you can use a small, dense brush, a sponge-tip applicator, or a q-tip to smudge the liner, for a smokier effect. again, the main thing with a smoky eye is just practice, see what works for your eye shape and color. finish the look with dramatic lashes, whether it's curled lashes and mascara, or false lashes, which also look really good. another variation of smoky i like is to have an almost clean, neutral colored lid (say, fairylite pigment), then a smoky line of copper colored liner, and a thinner line of black liner, right next to the lashlines. sometimes, simplicity and minimalism can be really nice with a smoky eye.

neotrad

If you do have the duo eyeshadows from the A MUSE collection(especially-Screen Vinyl/Persona, Illusionary/Burning Ambition, and Bright Side/Gallery Gal), or if you can still find&get them, you can achieve really nice smokey eye looks with them VERY easily! The texture of the duo eyeshadows is soooooo smooth and blends pretty well. Just make sure you use a good eyeshadow base such as Cream Color Base, Paint, Mixing Medium, etc.
winks.gif

Of course, the duo eyeshadows aren't the only ones to creat smokey eyes, but I thought I'd mention them as 1 of the methods.
smiles.gif

Latest posts