Smolder Eye Kohl

vchen

I line the my top and bottom waterline. I blink, and black is all over the bottom of my eye. I tried putting on mascara after I use smolder, but it only helps a little.

Any tips on how to stop it from smudging?

Thanks!
winks.gif

lsperry

I use smolder on my upper and lower eye line and it never smears. Before I started using the paint pots, my routine was to put UDPP on my eye (none on the bottom lids). Go over that with a ccb or a paint and then line my eye w/smolder. I would apply my es and then reapply smolder over it. (both top and bottom). I would then apply Benefit's SheLaq to the lower line to keep it from smudging or running. My liner stayed in place until I removed my mu.

Since I've been using the paint pots, I've stop using UDPP and the liner sealant and just put the paint pot on my upper and lower eye line and then apply smolder. The paint pot holds it in place all day.

Only when my allergies are acting up do I use an eyeliner sealant.

I'm quite sure there are others who have their tricks for keeping their eyeliner in place until they remove it.

Hope this helped some.....

BlahWah

I use a bit of a fluidline in the same colour to help keep the liner from smudging, e.g. dotting Non-Conformist over Violet Underground.

glittergoddess27

I agree with eyeliner sealant or setting it with shadow, but changing the type of liner you use might help. Maybe Engraved instead of Smolder? I know Engraved tends to be a LOT more smudge proof, even on the waterline. Smolder classically has been a "smudge-able" liner.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefineSinister
has anybody tried it with some carbon e/s?

I have. It works pretty well.

rachybloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
I would then apply Benefit's SheLaq to the lower line to keep it from smudging or running. My liner stayed in place until I removed my mu.

Does the SheLaq irritate your eyes at all? I have really sensitive eyes and don't know if SheLaq would be ok or irritating.

tiramisu

It sounds like maybe the smudgability (is that a word?!) of Smolder doesn't work well for you. I have used a little loose powder underneath anyways to stop fall out while I'm doing my eyes especially for more involved looks, but I've also never had this problem like you are having.

Maybe try blacktrack fluidline or like someone else said, engraved powerpoint?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Carbon is safe for the waterline?

none of mac's shadows are approved for the waterline. the only things that are are eye kohl, technakohl, and kohl power. using anything else on your waterline is at your own risk.

GlamYOURUs

I always use my liner brush and line my lash line with a paintpot first and then use the kohl pencil. I love the intensity of MAC liners b/c of the color so the smudging isn't a big deal to me. Also, an eye sealant would be good to use too.

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Go over it with a little e/s, it will help to set it.

This helps the most. Also, I take pressed powder or trnaslucent powder and I put it on my lower lid. This helps it not from traveling to my lower lid.

Kiseki

Technakohl in Graphblack (waterline safe), Giorgio Armani Pencil Eyeliner or Guerlain's Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl.

anshu7

i would say go for an eye kohl/kajal. i use hashmi kajal and it never smudges on me.**knocks on wood**