Smolder Kohl help!

User67

Hi ladies,
I really love how dark the Smolder Kohl eyeliner is, I have found it to be the blackest eyeliner out of all the MAC liners. I know it's great for a smudged sexy look. But, isn't there also a way to just apply a regular hard line & have it stay that way? When I do this it smudges & runs like crazy. Any suggestions on making it stay put? Thanks!

user4

that's what kohls do... they run and smudge... i would suggest the black powerpoint if you want something to stay.

exodus

What I do is "set" the kohl with powder eyeshadow, Carbon is good for that
smiles.gif
I find that doing this makes it stay put for longer, though still not all day, it'll still smudge a bit by the end of the day. I do like Smolder much more than the black Powerpoint though, it's just so much more intense.

galvanizer

ITA. Smolder is 'blacker' than Engraved PP. I'd do the same as exodus ~ use a black e/s to 'set' it. Or what I do is go over it lightly with a liquid liner right at the lashline. Helps keep the intensity right at the lashes.

another_mac_addict

If I were you I would get a different eye liner for cleaner looks. Setting Smolder didn't really work for me. You could use the flat black Fluidline. I don't know if it quite lives up to all its hype, but it is very black, gives a nice, solid line, and doesn't get everywhere.

User67

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I'm going to try setting it with Carbon & see how that works for me. If not, I will just use my Blacktrack Fluidline, I just love how black & intense Smolder is though!

Latest posts