so i have officially been screwed...

queenofdisaster

i purchased an 8-pc "MAC" brush set on ebay...
the ferrules are cheap, the brushes are clearly made of plastic, they smell funny, were wrapped poorly and i am angry, they are clearly counterfeit, no question... i am contacting the seller and will hopefully get my money back. what should i do? any suggestions???

f1rewater

Try to get your money back as soon as you can, before the seller empties his/her account. I don't know what this person stated in their listing, but you should file a Significantly Not as Described Dispute since they obviously are not MAC.

Janice

Agreed, contact seller for refund, if unresolved file paypal complaint. Sorry you got ripped.
ssad.gif

queenofdisaster

this is the response i got from the seller

I'm very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your purchase. They are authentic...you cannot rely on a salesclerk to make that assumption, especially when products are made for different markets around the world. That being said, I have no problem with you returning them, provided they are returned within 7 days, in the original condition & packaging, unopened and unused to:

f1rewater

Did the seller say anything about refunds in the listing? IIRC there is another thread were the girls who got fake brushes were able to get a refund.

queenofdisaster

she said she would refund if they were unopend and unused provided that i return first, which i am not comfortable with....

queenofdisaster

this is the return policy

Returns are accepted if the item sent is not what is described/shown in the auction, and all of the following terms are met:

* Any problems with merchandise MUST be reported within 48 hours of receipt. Items are shipped with tracking, which will provide date of delivery and signature.
* If a return is approved; all items must be returned within 7 days of receipt, in the original, unused condition and packaging, with tags still attached.
* Item(s) must be free of signs of use and/or damage.
* Any "free" or "bonus" items must also be returned in brand new, original, unopened, unused condition or the retail value of the item will be deducted from the refund.
* Returns are NOT accepted once the tags are removed from the item(s).
* A refund of the purchase price, less shipping charges, will be issued upon receipt and inspection of item(s). Shipping charges are non-refundable.

* A 15% restocking fee will apply to items not meeting all of the above requirements, and/or items returned because you changed your mind, it doesn't fit, etc...

* ALL SALES ARE FINAL ON BRAS & PANTIES.

* Lost or damaged packages are the responsibility of the United States Postal Service. Insurance is included in the shipping price (unless otherwise noted).

* Legal Action or Formal Mediation may be taken against anyone leaving negative feedback without reasonable substantiation.

HAHA the last one cracks me up!!!

Janice

The return policy sounds legit, and it's your only hope for a refund. =/ What's their FB like?

f1rewater

Legal action for an ebay negative token?
lmao.gif

But anyway. I wouldn't feel comfortable sending the items back but like Janice said, there's not much else you can do.

Just make sure you send it back in a way that you can prove he/she got it.

queenofdisaster

its ok, except for some claims about them selling fake rl polo shirts... she said she would refund me, should i mail them back???

honyd

gooooodddddddddd!!!!! i hate fin scammers!!!... i got screwed so bad last year by the infamous christy peralez in ca for 1000!!!. I used money order and theres nothing u can do once they cash it. Basically its like cash. DOnt send them back unless she can refund u a diff way. unless her rates are good. cause then shell end up keeping the money and the brushes. or send it certified. but still by then is it worth all the shipping and trouble.. i dont kno what u paid but im sure shes not gonna refund the shipping. sorry to hear about it. Thats y i havent been on ebay in months.. i got a mac e/s that was fake too ..came with a lil mirror and brush!!! freakin scammers!!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

Janice

If you decide to continue with the refund process send the package registered/certified mail, it's a tad pricey, but it will give you proof & peace of mind the package was received should any further stumbling blocks be encountered.

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by honyd
gooooodddddddddd!!!!! i hate fin scammers!!!... i got screwed so bad last year by the infamous christy peralez in ca for 1000!!!. I used money order and theres nothing u can do once they cash it. Basically its like cash. DOnt send them back unless she can refund u a diff way. unless her rates are good. cause then shell end up keeping the money and the brushes. or send it certified. but still by then is it worth all the shipping and trouble.. i dont kno what u paid but im sure shes not gonna refund the shipping. sorry to hear about it. Thats y i havent been on ebay in months.. i got a mac e/s that was fake too ..came with a lil mirror and brush!!! freakin scammers!!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

i paid 100 even

SARAHluvsMAC

sorry you got ripped off but for future reference:
if their feedback says they sell fake items, even if its not what you are buying do not buy from that person
also pay with paypal, because that way you can get your money back and you could always contact your credit card company and they would most likely refund you, when you send money orders they could never send you anything and they would already have your money
i dont know how much you bought your brushes for but it is pretty rare to find an authentic mac brush set for cheap on ebay

hth you out for future purchases

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
If you decide to continue with the refund process send the package registered/certified mail, it's a tad pricey, but it will give you proof & peace of mind the package was received should any further stumbling blocks be encountered.

do you think priority w/ signature confirmation is enough???

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
sorry you got ripped off but for future reference:
if their feedback says they sell fake items, even if its not what you are buying do not buy from that person
also pay with paypal, because that way you can get your money back and you could always contact your credit card company and they would most likely refund you, when you send money orders they could never send you anything and they would already have your money
i dont know how much you bought your brushes for but it is pretty rare to find an authentic mac brush set for cheap on ebay

hth you out for future purchases

lol i knew i should have used paypal. damn!