so I just bought...

antirazor

blacktrack fluidline and I've never used any fluidlines before. What brushes would you recommend? The two I have that seem to be about right are the 266 and the 212.

but I'm a little concerned, because I've also heard rumors about fluidline being difficult to get off of your brushes and I would still want to use those for eyeshadow as well.

Rockell

When I got my first Fluidline, the MA recommended the 208 brush, which is a teeny angle brush. It works great for me, but a lot of people love the "push brush" style, like 209.

I keep my eye brushes clean by wiping them with Almay Non-oily Eye Makeup Remover pads, the same that I use on my face. Works great and hasn't hurt my brushes at all!

antirazor

Yeah. It seemed like my MA used a smaller brush than the 266 to show it to me. I guess all I can do is try it out and see if a smaller brush is something I need to invest in.

Thanks for the wipe tip! Do you only do that after using fluidlines or for everything?

I also wanted to say, as an aside, Jenny Lewis! are you more into Rilo Kiley or + the Watson Twins? She really is stunning.

Rockell

I think 266 would be good for a thick, bold line but usually do it really narrow and subtle so that's why I use a smaller brush. Definitely try with the 266 though! You could still do it the way the MA showed you because it's shaped the same.

Yeah, I wipe my eye brushes after pretty much any e/l or e/s I use (I line with e/s alot). With light e/s, like Shroom or Naked Lunch it really isn't necessary because they don't really affect whatever you use next. It definitely helps with the Fluidlines, though, so you don't get a gunky mess on your brush!

mzcelaneous

It depends on what kind of line you'd like to achieve. I either use the 209 or the 219. The 219 has the white bristles and I've never had any trouble washing fluidliner colors off of 'em
winks.gif

scrapbookromance

I keep a rag handy to wipe off the excess off all my brushes, and then my e/s and liner brushes I throw in the bottle of oil free eyemakeup remover while I clean everything up. when they come out, I wipe them on a clean part of the rag and they dry shortly after but I'm out the door by then. works well. and all the gook settles to the bottom of the bottle of remover.

scrapbookromance

I keep a rag handy to wipe off the excess off all my brushes, and then my e/s and liner brushes I throw in the bottle of oil free eyemakeup remover while I clean everything up. when they come out, I wipe them on a clean part of the rag and they dry shortly after but I'm out the door by then. works well. and all the gook settles to the bottom of the bottle of remover.

Latest posts