Sobering situations of life

martygreene

One of my cousins just died from West Nile Virus. He was about 2 years or so older than my father.

http://www.thetimesonline.com/articl.../22/updates/br

In other news, my grandmother went back into treatment for ovarian cancer today. She's in her eighties.

I've found myself thinking about Ciocia* lately. I think I neglected her yarhzeit this year. I feel bad about this, and am not sure what to do about it. I found myself crying during Kaddish again during services last weekend.

My cousin Katie, who is soon to be graduating High School, might be going back into treatment for ovarian cysts and uterine cancer soon too. She had her first bout of treatment at 14.

I'm overdue for my uterine/ovarian sonogram and a mammogram. I hate that I have to be so diligent about these, and the discomfort of them, but I just have to remember that doing this may someday save my life.

I'm feeling a bit uneasy now.

*Ciocia- pronounced chuhtch-ah. Polish dialect for 'aunt'. She was actually my great aunt, and died on my birthday last year, at the age of 104

Cruella

I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this. It is unfortunate that bad things always seem to happen at once. Please take care of yourself and get your sonogram & mammogram done as soon as you can - don't risk your health.

Hawkeye

ssad.gif
*HUGS* sorry all this happens MartyGreene
ssad.gif

I am surprised though that your friend died of West Nile. I thought it was nothing more than just some prefabricated scare the media made up. :/

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
ssad.gif
*HUGS* sorry all this happens MartyGreene
ssad.gif

I am surprised though that your friend died of West Nile. I thought it was nothing more than just some prefabricated scare the media made up. :/

If you have a compromised immune system to begin with, it can be quite serious.

Hawkeye

Thats horrible
ssad.gif

My thoughts and prayers are with you
ssad.gif

I think I just thought that because you know the media comes up with all sorts of stuff. This is dangerous that isn't etc.
ssad.gif

*HUGS*

mspixieears

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent loss and the threat of ill-health in your family. But please do look after yourself: I know the procedures you're talking about are quite a discomfort but it's a good habit to establish this early on. It does sort of suck having to be so responsible all the time. Perhaps you can plan a reward for yourself after you get them done? Like a special bath, or a really glorious hot chocolate at a special place etc. It helps me, hopefully you might find it helpful too.