spring formal's coming up...

caRpediEm17

and i juSs bought my dress...i wish i had a picture, but my camera's not working (grr)...the dress is really bright with large floral designs...the colors are orange, pink, and a lil bit of green and blue...i cant describe it much better than that...im in dire need of make up ideas though...im clueless as to how i should go about doing my eyes...any recs would be SO much appreciated! ill try to have a pic up tomorrow or wednesday i promise! TIA!

Hikaru-chan

It's hard to say without a picture of the dress but the colors you've indicated above would go well with Culturebloom, if you can get to a MAC counter get them to test the colors out on you cause they really are pretty.

caRpediEm17

yeah i know, im trying to get my camera to work, but i might have to wind up taking a pic with my phone =(...also, since my dress is bright and my shoes are bright pink, should i maybe juSs do like a smokey brown eye maybe? basically, should i go bright or tone it down? thank you!

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Shimmery white/ gold colors... whats the base color? Because maybe a mod of that wouldn't be too bad either! If you dress is bright, go subtler with the make-up, because you obviously want your dress as "the main feature or attraction" and if you go bold make-up people won't really know where to look and it may come across as a "mess" if you know what I mean... Do something with the base color I think, if Pink is your base color, go light pink, pink venus with pink opal or something... Something "sweet" anyways...

caRpediEm17

haha i would go bright because i love bright colors, but i agree with cookie_monsta, i think it would take away from the dress...

ok so cookie_monsta:
i have pink venus and im not really a fan of it, it doesnt look very flattering on me...do you have any other suggestions for colors? the base of the dress is like a fuschia color...i think that maybe a mixture of shimmery white/gold colors and soft pinks would accent the dress well...but im still clueless as to what colors! haha thanks so much for your help!

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Yes definitely white/gold colors and soft pinks, how about playing down fushia or pink pearl pigment? How about swish or pink freeze... although they may be a little similar to pink venus... if you look good in dark pinks/fushia, I would actually suggest just playing down fushia piggie or even sushi flower... or what about pink couture shadestick? If thats too light maybe you could try gracious me with maybe a bit of pink opal overtop of it...

Pink Couture/gracious me as a base, pink opal/white gold as a highlighter, fushia to line prehaps? That way it isn't going to stand out but you still get a little bit of brightness... just an idea I threw around... no idea if it looks good LOL...

And while I was at MAC last night, pinkarat sorta appealed to me as a lustreglass... it seems bright but more of a stain with glitter, that might be quite nice... again just throwing ideas around... hope that helps a lil' bit... If you need more help, do ask, I'm more than happy to help... also, if you decide what to go with, post some pics, I'd love to see them, your dress sounds AMAZING!
smiles.gif

caRpediEm17

thanks so much for helping me out! it does sound like an awesome combo...im taking my dress in to the mac counter to see if they can help too...ill definitely post pics when formal rolls around! thanks again!

Latest posts