stage makeup for 'angels'?

cherrycola

I'm helping out with the Christmas production at my church, and I'll be doing the makeup for the teenage girls who are doing a modern dance as 'angels'. I'm kind of excited about it! But I've not done any stage makeup before, so I thought I'd run it past you ladies before I try it out on the unsuspecting girls..
angelic.gif

The lighting is kind of yellow and not very strong, so I'm not worried about being too shiny. I'm keeping the cheeks matte and the lips glossy-neutral, so the only thing 'special' I'll be doing is the eyes.

I was thinking of doing a different set of pastel eyes for each girl, giving them a choice between these combos: Sweet Lust + In Living Pink, Lustreleaf + Gallery Gal (Mineralize e/s), Julep (from the Summerwear quad) + Waternymph. And for the brow highlight, I'd load up on Brightside (the other half of the Mineralize e/s).

If you have any comments or suggestions - glitter, anyone? - or any tips on stage makeup for a bunch of teenaged Chinese angels, please let me know! TIA
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif

Hawkeye

You know what you could do?

I think the combos would be nice
smiles.gif
I think what would really be amazing is with the eyes using glitter on top of whatever eyeshadow they choose and then using those little crystal things on the inner and outer corner of the eye. So that they sparkle and do angelly things. I guess. And BIG Bold lashes
greengrin.gif

prinzessin784

I think really bright, candy pink cheeks would be very "angelic" and it would be more obvious on stage rather than focusing on the eye makeup, ya know? Maybe fake lashes to make them standout and a shimmery white cream shadow so it would stay put. Then shiny light pink gloss on the lips. That's what I would do anyway!

cherrycola

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
You know what you could do?

I think the combos would be nice
smiles.gif
I think what would really be amazing is with the eyes using glitter on top of whatever eyeshadow they choose and then using those little crystal things on the inner and outer corner of the eye. So that they sparkle and do angelly things. I guess. And BIG Bold lashes
greengrin.gif

Crystals sound really great! I'm not so sure about the staying power of glitter but I *definitely* will try the crystals. Thanks!
clap.gif

cherrycola

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
I think really bright, candy pink cheeks would be very "angelic" and it would be more obvious on stage rather than focusing on the eye makeup, ya know? Maybe fake lashes to make them standout and a shimmery white cream shadow so it would stay put. Then shiny light pink gloss on the lips. That's what I would do anyway!

Thank you! I think I'll try the candy cheeks on some of the girls during rehearsal.. maybe the younger ones, it would be so cute!
cutey.gif

Thing is, we're all Chinese and yellow-toned, so I'll have to play around with pink and rose shades to see what looks best.

Latest posts