Starter Kit

MACtacular

Hey everyone as some of you may know from reading some of my posts I am new to all of this and very intersted in getting more seriously involved and started. I need a starter kit and have no idea where to start. What infact are the greatest essentials for a starter kit and how much will alot of it cost? Please share with me all of the must haves for a great beginner collection!! thanks so much!!!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACtacular
Hey everyone as some of you may know from reading some of my posts I am new to all of this and very intersted in getting more seriously involved and started. I need a starter kit and have no idea where to start. What infact are the greatest essentials for a starter kit and how much will alot of it cost? Please share with me all of the must haves for a great beginner collection!! thanks so much!!!

Well, let's see. When I first started getting into makeup I bought a brush set and then all the essentials for creating my everyday look. So I went to Sephora and got a starter brush set. Something like their Cherry Blossom Brush Set. It includes a complexion (blush/powder) brush, concealer brush, eye blending brush, eye smudge brush, angled brow/liner brush, lip brush, and a pull-out travel mirror. Then I picked up smolder eye kohl, ricepaper shadow, and a nude lip liner and lip color. That was pretty much it. So I would suggest that you get a good brush set. Smashbox makes them, Stila, Sephora. Lots of people make them. Then get some essentials. Get a good eyeshadow base (ie. bare canvas), a several shadows that you'll use alot (basic wash colors, crease colors, highlight colors), a couple eyeliners (maybe fluidlines?), get a good mascara (ie. Max Factor Lash Perfection/Cover Girl Lash Exact), get a good bronzer, a good blush, some good lipliners, lipsticks and glosses. Oh, I forgot. You'll also need a good foundation and concealer. Does that help at all?

MACtacular

yes that helps!! thanks so much!! i was also looking for names of colours and such that would help be base fundementals in a starter kit as well

Noire

For foundation, you can mix shades together, so if you get just a couple of shades to start you can mix from there.

I wouldn't worry about building your kit too much right away. Also, if you go to school, you might have to buy a full kit from them or you might get letters that allow you to get discounts from certain lines (like MAC). Plus they will help you figure out what you need in your kit.

~Noire

fireatwill

Thanks your stuff also helped me a lot
smiles.gif

Latest posts