Starting to lose sympathy for people who bid on this crap!

chameleonmary

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-HOT-LOOK-MAC-STUDIO-FIX-Huge-Compact_W0QQitemZ250152974431QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10 5734QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What i love is the fact that she claims to be an honest seller blah blah who got the compact as a gift, yet shes selling 2 of them.
hmm.gif

Xqueeze_me

I messaged that buyer last night. No replies... Probably won't get one.

As for the 2nd FAKE CRAP, for the sister? I think NOT!

(Messaging the current seller for the 2nd palette!!)

wolfsong

I messaged her with this (having not read the thing about her sister):
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]
"If you got this as a gift, and "Only 1 set available..don't miss out!" why do you have two up in auction?"

Her reply was:

"
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Sorry for the confusion but if you read further in the auctions you will see that the first one listed I rec'd and the second one listed was listed today as it mentions in Auction is being sold for my sister as she asked me last night to do this for her. When the first one was listed, I did not know she wanted to list hers too...sorry for any confusion.
Kind regards
misschatchic"

A quote from her auction:
[/FONT]"Given to me as a gift from Family in the USA but as I don't wear make-up all that often it would be a waste to keep it....particularly when they told me what it cost......almost died.....seems a waste to keep something so expensive lying around when someone else would get heaps of use out of it and love it more."

She could have lied better than this! If they are close (the amount of money suggests this to me as its spent on something frivolous) surely as she doesnt wear makeup often her family would know that she wouldnt have any use for this - why would they spend a ludicrous amount of money on makeup for her? They would have put the money towards something she would use and enjoy surely?! And if they are distant family wouldnt they buy her a generic run of the mill gift. It'll be funny if she puts another up 'oh my mum wanted to sell hers too...'

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
It'll be funny if she puts another up 'oh my mum wanted to sell hers too...'

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
lmao.gif

Hmmm... as far as I know.. Studio Fix is in the foundation section. So that RUBBISH palette is definitely FAKE!

No doubt her "100% Authentic Guess Bags" are knock-offs too.

Love Always Ivy

i bet the cover of the compact has MAC written in sharpie.

cmon thats not even a product. you might as well be like MAC Studio Fix SOCKS!

wolfsong

Ha! Does MAC ever have boxes with writing that is coloured (with exception of LE)?
This looks even most vile than the Thai fakes.
Ive just messaged to ask if she knows they are not authentic (i cant imagine someone not knowing).
th_crazy2.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
lmao.gif

Hmmm... as far as I know.. Studio Fix is in the foundation section. So that RUBBISH palette is definitely FAKE!

No doubt her "100% Authentic Guess Bags" are knock-offs too.

LOL! This was the awful palette I was telling you about
winks.gif
I posted a link to it in the fake eyeshadow thread. I laughed my ass off when I saw Studio Fix as the label...lol
lmao.gif

ETA - Shameful to see on au ebay yet again filthy fakes, we have soooo much crap here its quite disgusting......

Dizzyray822

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Ah, the world-renowned "Studio Fix Eyeshadow"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
you might as well be like MAC Studio Fix SOCKS!

rofl.gif
lmao.gif
rofl.gif
lmao.gif
rofl.gif
lmao.gif

hnich

Oh. My. God!
I still feel sorry for the people who are just learning about MAC and don't know not to believe all this crap

I reported it too...not sure if it'll help or not, but MAN at $68.00 too!

But if someone does buy it, I guess the price they pay is what they pay for their lesson...

Hilly

How long does ebay take to freakin take down a shitty auction like this??? I reported it this morning and it's still up. Blah!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
How long does ebay take to freakin take down a shitty auction like this??? I reported it this morning and it's still up. Blah!

Sometimes they never come down and I have to tell you that AU ebay are absolute shitheads when it comes to removing fake items - they almost never do it.....

wolfsong

Messages sent back and forth:
Me - "
You do know these are fake dont you?"

Her - "
My sister and I got them as gifts from my father=in-law and as we are not really big make-up lovers, we decided to sell them. I don't know much about make-up but my father-in-law who purchased them said they cost a fair bit, beyond that, I don't know much more.
Regards
misschatchic"
Me - "It doesnt matter how much they cost your family - it is a crime to sell fake MAC, not to mention its highly immoral (these products are not safety tested, the ingredients are unknown and they can cause severe reactions and even blindness - some have been thought to contain dangerous levels of lead).
If you dont take these down then ebay will most likely and you will end up with a suspended account. I was brought to these auctions from a (predominantly MAC) makeup site/forum which has members patrolling ebay for fakes. As soon as these auctions end someone will notify the highest bidders that they have won fake MAC. You will therefore have 2 non paying bidders and the auction fees to pay for.
I suggest you take these down until you have contacted the person that gave you them and asked where they got them from - most likey ebay, and ask if its too late to get a refund from the original seller. YOU SHOULD NOT CONTINUE WITH THE AUCTIONS - ITS COMMITING FRAUD!" Its ironic that i was more polite to the ignorant seller in my other message transcript post than this one...

Her - "
Hi there,
Thankyou for your information, I was not aware of any of this my goodness. When you receive something from a family member you don't think that there could be a problem and I have listed them honestly not knowing myself there was any problem at all, I would never cause anyone a problem and will take your advice by ending them. Thankyou for letting me know, I appreciate the information and will be sending them back to my father-in-law, I have spoken to him over the phone and he too is very unhappy about this as he purchased them for alot of money and in good faith, believed they were what he was told they were. Again, I appreicate the information and help and will deal with this accordingly. Have a good day and thanks again.
Kind regards
misschatchic"

Her - "
I have immediately ended the auctions as stated I would and certainly have learnt something from this, I am not a dishonest person and am very hurt that me and my family have been deceived, it's disgraceful that people can get away with charging others so much for a product like this when they know they have done the wrong thing, my father-in-law will take this further...I myself would never knowlingly do this to anyone and would have definately refunded any monies to people if this had have been pointed out to me after the auction ended. I will now always contact the manufacturer prior to being done like this again. Thank you very very much again...really.
Kind regards
misschatchic"

Im going to message the highest bidders when ebay lets me message again (ran out apparently) to inform them of the lack of authenticity of these products just incase the seller has ideas about taking what money she can from these items. She was really polite and sweet though which threw me - i want to hope that the far fetched story and the fact that she didnt know they were fake is true, but that would take almost inhuman levels of naivety. I dont think even im up for the challenge...

Edit: New message from her -
"I am so grateful to you for letting me know, I feel sick tha someone could have gotten hurt and particularly through not knowing, I could have caused it..I have been burnt thru ebay with products before and it is very unfair. My father-in-law is very angry about this and I am sure he will recover something. Thanks again sooo much. Have a good day.
Kind regards
misschatchic"

Why does she have to be so lovely? Im going to think shes innocent if she continues *think about the other fake items she's selling*
hmm.gif

panda0410

LOL! Well at least you didnt get attacked this time *grin*. The item has ended so it will be interesting to see what the winning bidder will do now.