Storing awkward-shaped brushes for travel

lara

I have a couple of standard brush rolls that are stuffed to the gills with trad long-handled brushes, but I have a couple of 45% angle brushes and kabuki/stiff buffer brushes that are short, squat, and not suited to storing in a roll. The CD 182 brush is rolling around free in my travelling kit, albeit in the rather fragile plastic case that I purchased it in.

So, a q: what do you use to store your short, stumpy, bent or chunky brushes? I'm open to storage suggestions!

mspixieears

Not sure if you get Harper's Bazaar, you know those rubberised pencil cases they sometimes include as a freebie? You could use that and roll them up in cloth - kind of hard to explain, but wrap them separately rather than all in one bundle. Use a nice thick but not too thick, something padded and comfy.

I used to do this before I found a case big enough for my brushes, which is now too small! Must save up for a clutch.

lara

I haven't received any freebies with Harpers for about a year - I think someone at the post office may be helping themselves to the bonus goodies from mine and DH's magazines. :/

Excellent suggestion, though! I was thinking about maybe a padded camera case, that way the angled brushes can fit snuggly against the angled walls and the stubby brushes can sit down in the lens pockets.

more_please

I'd go to a school supply/ craft supply store and get those plastic storage boxes/pencil cases. Bring your brushes with ya, and make sure they fit. The plastic would protect the handles, and you could pad it with tissue paper. I think that would be cheap. & work
smiles.gif

Latest posts