Stud or Spiked Brow Pencil?

Tawanalee

My hair is black & my brows are black, but I don't want to use a black pencil to fill in brows. TOO HARSH!!! So...Stud or Spiked? Or what do you recommend? TIA

mzreyes

I use Spiked and I have dark brown hair.. and one time I ran out, and the MA told me that they were out of it, so I took stud instead. It was a bit darker than I would have liked, but not black. Definitly a really dark brown. I'd say stud would be good for ya.

Tawanalee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzreyes
I use Spiked and I have dark brown hair.. and one time I ran out, and the MA told me that they were out of it, so I took stud instead. It was a bit darker than I would have liked, but not black. Definitly a really dark brown. I'd say stud would be good for ya.

Thanks so much!!!!

saniyairshad

I use Spiked and I have dark brown almost black hair
winks.gif

Artemis

I have black hair and I use spiked. I like it alot. According the that MAC website, stud is lighter than spiked. I thought stud would be too light which is why I use spiked.

mzreyes

from maccosmetics.com :

spiked- bottle brunette
stud- a deep rich blackened brown

i dunno.. stud sounds darker to me :confused:

Tawanalee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzreyes
from maccosmetics.com :

spiked- bottle brunette
stud- a deep rich blackened brown

i dunno.. stud sounds darker to me :confused:

LOL....I'm a bit confused, too!!!
hmm.gif

jenii

I have black eyebrows, and I tried Spiked one day, which seemed to look nice without being super-harsh. Just use a light hand, whatever you choose. But, Spiked was the one that worked for me. Someday, I'll actually buy it.

hyperRealGurl

I use to swear by MAC Spiked Brow Pencil b.c i have very very dark brows. but i found that sometimes it tends to be dark/ or harsh in color. So i started using maybelline brow pencil in charcoal grey and espresso e/s and set with brow wax using a stiff angel brush.

MAC_Pixie04

Stud isn't much darker than Spiked, but Spiked is warm. It looks more reddish when you put it on, and Stud is more like a dark, ash brown, it has cooler tones. So if you have black hair, which is probably more cool, I'd go with stud. Spiked is good for an amber brown or coffee brown hair.

Artemis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawanalee
LOL....I'm a bit confused, too!!!
hmm.gif

look at the color swatches...strut is lighter than spiked.

ebonyannette

Ok girlies,
I went to make the other day and ended up getting Stud. The MA told me that Stud was darker than Spiked.

I tried it on and it is a really dark brown, Im NW55 and it works for me. However My Revlon colorlstay pencil is a tad darker but you really cant tell that much.
I like the MAC brow pencil cause its super skinny so I dont end up with thick brows.
Try Stud if its not dark enough go with a different brand. but if its dark enough for me Im sure its dark enough for anyone
smiles.gif