studio fix or studio tech...maybe full coverage?

kimmy

so i'm pretty far from flawless skin :[ i finally got my skin smooth, but there's still this discolouration plaguing me. TERRIBLE discolouration.

the discolouration is mainly around the bridge of the nose and then chin, so i'm looking for a REALLY good foundation that will cover it up and give me a nice, even tone. i want something lightweight and comfotable too, though. i hate the feeling of caked on makeup, you know?

so my question is, should i go for studio tech or studio fix? or perhaps even full coverage? i have pretty oily skin, so that's a big hang up of mine as well when choosing something like a foundation.

i'm hesitant about using full coverage because it's opaque, and it says it lessens the appearance of small blemishes and scars...but i don't know how well it will do with the whole discolouration thing.

wow...i'm so longwinded haha.

caffn8me

The best thing is to get yourself to a proper standalone M·A·C store. You can't get Full Coverage at counters.

Studio Fix gives very good coverage if it's applied with a sponge and sheerer coverage with a brush.

Studio Tech gives good long lasting coverage and you don't really need to set it as it dries to a powder finish so it's convenient.

Full Coverage will need to be set with a powder (some MAs like to use Studio Fix to set it). This will provide pretty bomb proof highly opaque coverage. Madonna wore Full Coverage on stage for her Blonde Ambition tour. You may not need the level of coverage this foundation can provide. It's good enough to cover a lot of scars and birth marks and it will certainly cover discolouration.

If you haven't got a store anywhere near you might be able to get M·A·C mail order to send you samples - try contacting customer services through the website or on 1-800-588-0070

Latest posts