studio tech help!

kimmy

i'm thinking of getting a mac foundation because my current foundation has proven it will not stand up to a desert summer, which is a problem...since i...live in the desert and it's almost summer haha!

so, i'm looking into studio tech. will studio tech stand up to sweat very well? and what kind of coverage can it offer, is it very buildable? also, if i get studio tech should i use studio fix powder to fix it, or does the powder i use really matter (ie. could i use like covergirl or something cheap like that)?

TIA!

blueyedlady87

Studio Tech is a no-no for hot climates. Last summer I was a slippery mess. And it made me break out. That said, I know it's not MAC but you might want to consider Bare Escentuals (sp?) for foundation. I live in the desert too and its like 105 in summer. (Plus i have oily skin.) And I swear it's amazing. It stays matte all day long. With MAC foundations I had to do touchups every hour or so and BE I only touch up if I'm going out again at night. It's amazing, and my acne pretty much disapeared. Foundation and mascara are the only times I'll cheat on MAC, lol!!

<3

Femme Noir

if you have sweaty oily skin in the summer (like me) stick with MAC Studio Fix Powder foundation.
Studio Tech is not good for skin like this. I usually only wear studio tech in cold weather.

koolmnbv

I hated studio tech , but I had a really bad experience with it all the way around. I would reccomend 1 of the Studio Fix or MAC face n body. But of course I had good experiences w. all 3 of them so maybe I'm partial, but I would never reccomend studio tech although what doesnt work for 1 is great for another!

bluegrassbabe

I love Studio Tech, but I also have very dry skin, unlike the other ladies. In most climates I wear it alone, and it quickly turns to the powder like finish. In summer months, I set it with Studio Fix or Blot Powder, and it stays all day.
The coverage is very buildable. It may be very sheer when applied or blended with a damp sponge. I generally use the 190 for medium coverage, and a little heavier where it's needed.
It depends a lot on your skin type. Maybe you can ask a nice MA to sample you out a few different foundations to experiement with.

Juneplum

moving to recs hon
smiles.gif

kimmy

thanks juneplum
smiles.gif
i realized i messed up after i clicked submit haha
tong.gif

thank you all for your recs! i'm going to go to the mac counter today or tomorrow and see if i can get some samples, and i'll definately check out BE too
winks.gif

eve62

i like Mac studio tech for photography..its creates almost a porcelian look. But i really dont like it for everyday wear (slid right off when i was in Vegas). Its great coverage but ITS A LOT OF Coverage. i LOVE Makeup Forever, its buildable coverage, and works great with my dry skin.

Just my two pennies...for they are worth :)

Latest posts