Studio Tech on oily skin

User67

I have combo skin, that is more oily in Florida's summer humidity. I have been thinking about trying the MAC Studiotech foundation for some time now, because I like that it gives full flawless coverage. I know it's in a cream form, but does it dry to a powdery finish? Should I give it a try or would it pretty much just slide off my face?

lara

It can't hurt to try.
smiles.gif
As long as you powder it well and aren't sweating excessively, I don't see why it wouldn't work for you.

Indigowaters

It would be best to go with Studio Fix. I'm in the same heat and I have oily skin and Studio Tech will only make it worse. I went through the whole compact but I wouldn't buy it again because it made me too shiny (especially in pics).

LaJoi

I love using Studio Tech, but sometimes my skin reacts negatively. Other times, I don't see any breakouts after using it. It really depends on how my skin wants to behave at the time. LOL But, I find that it looks really nice in photographs. Even when it does get warm, the "glow" (as I like to call it) that develops can be tamed with a little powder...no biggie. I think Studio Tech is a good product for a night out when you know you will take some photos or just a photo shoot. Personally, I wouldn't tell anyone to count on it if you plan on sweating a lot or hanging out in the sun. I love it at night time when you can also play with more color. It gives you that nice smooth canvas if you are able to set it well with a loose powder. BTW, I have kinda oily skin too. It's not horrible, but I definitely need my powder to keep it at bay.

Try everything -- that's my best advice. You'll never truly know what works and what you like unless you do. And even if you buy something and find that you don't like it much for yourself...you know that you will always be able to use it on a client (and it may work perfectly for her). Just experiment and have fun.

Like I said, I love Studio Tech when my skin is acting right for me. And I think it looks nice in photos...but don't count on it to just last and last and last if you're doing too much. :0)

jess98765

theres no harm in trying it i guess. Just pop on down to your local MAC store and tell them to put it on for you, walk around a bit outside then see what it feels like- whether it slides off your face or not. However if you don't sweat excessively, i'm sure you'll be fine. Just be sure you "set" the foundation- by putting something like strobe cream, powder...on top as well

Latest posts