Sudjestions on purples?

offdhook21

how about spelling "SUGGESTIONS" right! Sorry Brain Fart!

I love purple, but sometimes I feel like I look like I got punched in the eye
th_confused_new.gif

But on other people it look so vibrant. What's a good color to mix with purples? These are the purples I have:

Parfait amor
Plum Dressing
Cobalt (is this even in the purple category)
Idol Eyes
Li Lilly
Little Minx
Purple Haze
Purple shower
Manchester

I also want to use different shades (like, purple & blue) but be able to see each color where it doesn't look a mess. I've looked at tutorials but I just don't get it. Yeah I know Duh! I guess I don't know where to stop, where to blend, yada yada...haha...HELP anyone?

ben

what base are you using w/ your purples and what is your skin tone?

i am an nc40 and i find that i can make purples look nice and bright with luna ccb as a base.

i think that woodwinked looks good with plum dressing and beautiful iris works with parfait amor and plum dressing. i also think that vex is a colour that looks good with a lot of purples.

offdhook21

ben said:

Im Filipino, so my skin tone is med brown. I use cream colour base in Pearl sometimes, or shadesticks.
I'll try those colors though, thanks!

stellarx1587

offdhook21 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben

Im Filipino, so my skin tone is med brown. I use cream colour base in Pearl sometimes, or shadesticks.
I'll try those colors though, thanks!

Royal Hue is a good shadestick to get the colors to pop for purples. Or if I'm using a lighter purple, I like using Kool CCB or Mauvism paint and then blend a lil Royal Hue in the crease and place a darker purple over it, like Shadowy Lady, Intoxicate, or even Sketch. I think Shadowy Lady looks awesome w/ any of the purple e/s's.

Soulful

Well... I use Freshwater combined with Stars'n'Rockets a lot. Dunno if it helps but I might try combining blue and purple ^^

liquidsirenhoney

i use ccbs...kool and luna...i think violet pigment shows up really vibrant i also like asphyxia by urban decay...i love purples and blues together and even aqua colors...

Latest posts