summer recs! blush, bronzer & laquer!

kimmy

so graduation is drawing pretty damn near (and my econ teacher just gave us a project worth 50% of our grade...3 weeks before grad, what's with that?!) but anyways, that means the money from the family starts rollin' in. which means it's time for a trip to the mac counter. i'm looking to buy a few things, especially a blush or two and a bronzer.

i'm an NW15 (but that will go up to about NW30 since it's summer and the sun tans me like nobody's business) so what's a good bronzer? i'm thinking...refined golden bronzer?
and blush! i need new blush! i'm thinking probably a peachy shade since i have warm undertones, but maybe a pink. what do you all think would look best? i was thinking maybe tantone or cute? cute might be a little too light once i get tan though...

any suggestions? also, does anyone know how babied laquer would look on NW15-NW30? i like really really nude lips, like almost skin coloured lips, will i get that with babied?

Hawkeye

Honestly, I'd go with Nars blush in Orgasm.
MAC Refined Golden
and Hug Me l/s or C-Thru l/g

asteffey

i have similar colouring to you:

- springsheen, trace gold or pinch o peaches

-refined golden or enhanced golden

-c-thru is excellent + a lipstick underneath, also babied and subculture liner.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR ECON PROJECT!

lexi584

Nice thread! I agree with the bronzer in Refined Golden... maybe Underage if you want a more pinky colour???

Anyone have any blush recommendations for me??? I SUCK at choosing blush and I need the perfect shade for summer. I have black hair, green eyes, warm complexion and tanned - NW43. Matte would be preferred because of my oily skin.. but a little shimmer I could deal with...

bellaetoile

i love my refined golden. i'm an nc42 and it works great on me, but what amazed me was my nw20 friend used it, and it looked great on her too! so it's very versatile. nars laguna and urban decay baked are also good alternatives.

sunbasque is one of my favorite blushes, as is trace gold and honesty. blush creams are nice too! ladyblush and sweet william were my favorite. and of course, nars orgasm is popular..

Jess-ee-ka

I prefer NARS Laguna bronzer to any other that I've tried. Its beautiful and definitely worth the price. And for blushes NARS Orgasm is gorgeous. Also, MAC Sweet William and Blossoming Blushcremes are really pretty. Those are the three blushes I wear the most of.

kimmy

thank you all! i had c-thru at one time, but traded it in because i found that one of my milani lipglosses was an EXACT match hah. and i've got subculture l/l, so i'm good there
smiles.gif

i'd love to get some NARS, but i have to drive 45+ miles to get to where they sell it, so sampling it's out of the question and i'm afraid to order something just to find out i don't like it
oh.gif
but if i'm in that area sometime, i'm definately interested in checking out the NARS stuff now!

Jennifer Mcfly

i really like Milani's powder bronzers. I have the lightest one and love it! i mix it with either an MSF or peachy pink blush and it's awesome!!
smiles.gif

Latest posts